Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2007, 04:20 PM

Default Heaven – Please share your thoughts

If you believe Heaven exists, would you be willing to share what it means to you?

From childhood, we grow up learning about God and the afterlife. We learn by what we read and what we hear from others. Whether we believe what we learn, or not, we forever remain susceptible to listening to the ideas of others, if just for the sake of gaining the insight and possibly a newfound enlightening hope for ourselves to believe in. I believe that it’s just a natural human tendency to yearn for some spiritual answer to the lifelong question of – what’s next? Where do we go when we leave this life?

Just about everyone has at some time or another lost a loved one or in many cases possibly faced a life-threatening situation. It is at these times that we tend to ponder, even if only for a brief moment – Where do we go from here? What is heaven? What will heaven be like? We also realize that since our beliefs are unfounded in any scientific manner, we also have moments of doubt. Some of us choose to remain faithful, while others find no need to dwell on the subject. I believe that we all should live with what makes us most comfortable.

If in fact we do choose to believe, we form our own unique picturesque vision in our minds of what heaven is or may be like. And although our individual beliefs may be personal, they can also have inspirational value to others. And it is for this reason that I ask that you share your thoughts and beliefs with me.

THE PURPOSE:

There are literally tens of millions of people on this earth who are suffering terminal illnesses or suffer because a loved one is suffering or has already succumbed to illnesses or sudden death. At times like these is when we are most interested in hope of afterlife, but discussion is not readily available. I feel that a book of thoughts and ideas about heaven and the afterlife, provided by individuals like you, will be a great source of comfort and inspiration to others in their time of need.

I intend to distribute the book to hospitals, hospice organizations, and support groups around the world, to be offered - free of charge - to the terminally ill and their families; as an inspirational tool to help ease the fear that comes at that time in our lives. The book will also be made available to the public – in various languages – through the various retail outlets, both on the internet and in local bookstores around the world.

Never before has a work been published that offers the inspirational and enlightening thoughts of so many, on a subject so important to all.

WHAT YOU CAN DO:

I ask that you take a few quiet moments to use your imagination and write down what you envision heaven and the afterlife to be like, and share that vision with me – and the world. The benefit to others in need will be enormous. In a world blanketed with negativity and turmoil at this time, treat this as an opportunity to be a part of something positive and possibly helpful to others along the way.

Please submit your thoughts and beliefs about Heaven and/or the afterlife in reply here. If you feel hesitant about displaying your thoughts on the forum, you may send them directly to me, via email. I have created a separate email account for that purpose and promise that your desire for anonymity will be honored. That email address is Ourheavenproject@aol.com. I do intend to use all entries submitted in the book.

HOW TO SUBMIT ENTRIES:

Entries should include:
1) Author’s name – first name, last initial only – example (John D.)
2) Author’s age – in years only
3) Author’s location –examples: (New York, USA) (Sidney, Australia) etc.
4) Your written descriptive image of heaven and the afterlife.

All information above (name, age, and location) will be included in the book along with your entry.

Emailed entries should have the written text within the body of the email or attached to the email in a Microsoft word document file format. (Please DO NOT use PDF files)

Children’s thoughts are not only welcomed, but also encouraged. If you would like to write and submit your child’s thoughts on the subject – please do. Children’s thoughts are always enjoyably enlightening.

Please pass this on to your friends and family members and encourage their participation. We also encourage teachers to pass this request on to their students and their parents.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Heaven – Please share your thoughts

Oh man
Old 04-12-2007, 05:32 PM

gimmick account?
Old 04-12-2007, 08:33 PM

I had a heavenly pint of Fullers ESB yesterday.

chez
Old 04-12-2007, 10:02 PM

I've been thinking about writing a book myself. But this gives me a great idea. Why don't I just get you guys to write it for me.

I'll let you know what it's about as soon as somebody sends me the first chapter.

PairTheBoard
Old 04-12-2007, 11:13 PM

Heh. Spam these days. It keeps getting better and better.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:58 AM

"Heaven is where the police are British, the chefs Italian, the mechanics German, the lovers French and it is all organized by the Swiss. Hell is where the police are Germans, the chefs are British, the mechanics French, the lovers Swiss and it is all run by the Italians."

Internet - anonymous
Old 04-13-2007, 05:09 AM

Edit- OHHHH you have to believe your heaven exists.

I don't really understand how someone can make up their own personal version of heaven and believe it exists.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At times like these is when we are most interested in hope of afterlife, but discussion is not readily available. I feel that a book of thoughts and ideas about heaven and the afterlife

[/ QUOTE ]

have u ever been to a bookstore or library? there's like a zillion books already