Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which is better?
(1) GoldenEye 75 70.75%
(8) Diamonds Are Forever 31 29.25%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 02:41 PM

Default Re: We win (AP Scandal v. 27)

Read the cliff's notes from the last thread. Only significant updates in this thread are the OP, the gambling911 story (link) , and the expectation that a statement will be released this afternoon.

I anticipate new cliff's notes will come with that statement.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:44 PM

When I read the following story on Gambling911, I couldn't help but think that AP is still trying to outsmart the public.

---------------------------------------
Absolute Poker Admits "Internal Breach"

Absolute Poker on Friday morning admitted an "internal breach" following accusations from the online poker community that a company "employee" had been able to see other players whole cards.

An official from the company admitted the breach and that Absolute had only uncovered who the culprit was Thursday afternoon.

"Players who were affected by this unfortunately situation will be paid in full," the official told Gambling911.com. "Furthermore, a third party investigation has already gotten underway and we will be inviting anyone from the online poker community who wants to take part in this investigation as a means of ensuring how committed we are to getting this matter resolved."

No management personnel were involved in this incident, the company official relayed.

"The person in question knew the internal system at Absolute Poker intimately. We want to ensure everybody that no person can hack into our system from the outside."

Absolute Poker is working diligently to have this matter resolved.

"We need to prove to the online poker community that this can never happen again," the official said.

A company statement sent out to the public was expected by late afternoon Friday.
-------------------------------------------

I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to pin this on the person who leaked the Excel file -- claiming that it's a fake.

Whatever BS story they come up with, I believe that nothing short of a public condemnation of Scott Tom and the Seifdonk will end this scandal; Tom and Seif are both dishonest low lifes and they should be marked as such for life.

-GoodEats
Old 10-19-2007, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There are points at which is is understandable that companies want to keep damaging information under wraps. We are now beyond that point. The information we have about AP is so damning that any attempt at a coverup will lead us to the logical conclusion that the truth is so horrible that it can't be admitted under any circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-19-2007, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It really is impossible to be this incompetent. Its like the POTRIPPER HHs. Yeah, I guess its possible POTRIPPER was this lucky, but any serious review shows cheating, 100%. Yeah, I guess its possible AP are this incompetent, but any serious review of their statements shows coverup, 100%.

How about their statement that there was no cheating and no chip dumping? How about their statement there was no cheating but there was random chip dumping? How about their removal of DNS addresses once we were onto them? How about their statement that they re-opened the investigation after their previous statement said it was ongoing (if it was never closed, how can it be reopened)? How about their statement that Scott Tom was not involved with AP in over a year? How about their statement that no one from management is involved?

This is 15 standard deviations of incompetence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Reminds me of the movie The Fugitive where Tommy Lee Jones says to the local cop "Would you like to revise your BS statement, Sir?"
Old 10-19-2007, 02:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A company statement sent out to the public was expected by late afternoon Friday.

[/ QUOTE ]
So I guess AP uses Pony Express to send out their statements?

It still doesn't make sense that AP was not aware of this problem a long time ago. If they were, then they were in some sense "in on it", and if they really weren't aware of it, then all I can say is: WORST SECURITY TEAM EVER!

[/ QUOTE ]
In a previous post someone identified "Brent" as the VP of security. Go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember correctly, this is true. DanDruff had a phone conversation with Brent, VP manager of security.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:55 PM

What is the date of the first instance if suspected cheating that we are aware of?

Cro
Old 10-19-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm kinda tempted to post what I know, but I'm not going to. I want to see if AP tries to lie again or doesn't really come clean in their statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good idea. So far Absolutle has uncovered exactly zero that hasn't already been proven beyond reasonable doubt, then painfully shoved down their throats by the online poker community. Showing our hand will just get them to admit to exactly that.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I found the thread from the NYT blog by Steve Levitt, and have been very interested. Thanks to Nat and the rest of you for the work you did - unbelievable. I'm a professor at Baylor University and want to contact the Waco Tribune and the Baylor Lariat (Baylor's newspaper) to encourage them to cover this because of TheWacoKid having an affiliation with the school and town, but before I do, I just wanted confirmation that in fact TheWacoKid is Jared Hamby, and not someone else. And can someone say briefly what role he, Nat and anyone else had in bringing this to light.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, TheWacoKid = Jared Hamby.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the date of the first instance if suspected cheating that we are aware of?

Cro

[/ QUOTE ]

There was talk back at the beg of after the 8.0 update. (mid august maybe?)

Players steamroller and greycat were around before, but the play was DRASTICALLY different after the update...they started to play quite strangely and won huge amounts. Cant find the links now of the PT screenshots, but they are out there.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So I guess AP uses Pony Express to send out their statements?

It still doesn't make sense that AP was not aware of this problem a long time ago. If they were, then they were in some sense "in on it", and if they really weren't aware of it, then all I can say is: WORST SECURITY TEAM EVER!

[/ QUOTE ]
In a previous post someone identified "Brent" as the VP of security. Go from there.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I remember correctly, this is true. DanDruff had a phone conversation with Brent, VP manager of security.

[/ QUOTE ]
And, isn't a Brent one of the founding frat bros?
Closed Thread