Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Student Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Surviving Chemistry

I'm a chem major and I helped out a few friends that were struggling with gen chem.

Nothing ground breaking here but what I would recommend is go to class and take good notes, I barely ever read the book and relied on my lecture notes. Before tests go through the back of the chapter and do the practice problems, at first look at your notes if you must. Once you can look at a certain type of problem, stoichiometry, redox etc and wiz through it without any assistance then move on to another type until you've covered the required material for the test.

Don't be afraid to go to your professor's office hours, if you really can't grasp a concept go ask them. Tutors are ok but I much prefer to get help from the professor.

This class is all about busy work, each type of problem has a specific method that you must take to solve it. Do a [censored] load of practice problems to drill the steps into your head and you should have no problem on tests.

I know how you feel, I struggled through physics while all the engineers coasted through it.