Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 06:18 PM

Default High Schooler Dresses up as KKK member for Halloween

This happened in some small town named "Cornwall" which is in Ontario (about 4 hours or so from Toronto i believe). What on earth makes a kid think that this is okay? This just seems too ridiculous to even be true....

article
Old 11-03-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Re: High Schooler Dresses up as KKK member for Halloween

I would have thought that only a KKK member would be offended by a KKK costume. Like, the point is to make fun of the KKK, no?
Old 11-03-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would have thought that only a KKK member would be offended by a KKK costume. Like, the point is to make fun of the KKK, no?

[/ QUOTE ]
even so, it's still a terrible idea to wear something like that to school. I mean, the school will obviously assume the worst, and many people will find it offensive....
Old 11-03-2007, 06:28 PM

Prince Harry wore a swastika emblem to a halloween party. lol.

You really expect much more tact from some random Canadian forest-dweller than Prince Harry?
Old 11-03-2007, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You really expect much more tact from some random Canadian forest-dweller than Prince Harry?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a trick question?
Old 11-03-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
even so, it's still a terrible idea to wear something like that to school. I mean, the school will obviously assume the worst, and many people will find it offensive....

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I'm the wrong one to speak on this subject. I don't think that rules should be made by stupid people, and I think it takes a good deal of stupidity to be offended by any costume.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:35 PM

This kid is genius. Hilarious choice for halloween costume, I dont think he was being very serious with this.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:40 PM

some kid I knew in grade 5 did the same thing and was sent home from school for the day, but not disciplined. He certainly was not dressing as a KKK member in jest, more like an homage. Coincidentally (or maybe not) this was also in a small Ontario town.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
They wore the white robes, pointed hoods and carried a noose. The robes bore a logo of the hate-inciting group on the chest.

[/ QUOTE ]LOL wtfffff
Old 11-03-2007, 07:09 PM

This happened at my school one year after I had graduated.
It was halloween 1989 and the 2 kids were actually wearing their granddaddys' authentic KKK outfits.
School sent them home or something but it wasn't over there.

Their families argued that if an african-american student can wear a Malcolm X t-shirt or something referring to Black Power then whites should be able to do the equivilent with White Power or Klan costumes.

The real KKK got involved in the issue somehow and arranged to march in my home-town backed by the ACLU.
Some Nazi Skin-heads joined them.

Oxford, OH is a small town of about 8k to 10k residents and about 18k college students at Miami University. So this was pretty big news around the area.

The police were called on to 'protect' the KKK and skin-heads from the angry protestors who turned out.
Many people stayed home on the belief that ignoring them was the best option.
But a lot of people turned out and ended up being arrested for throwing rocks that hit the cops, etc.

Cops were only doing their job of course and really didn't want to be doing it...but some of the idiots looked at the cops as being Klan sympathizers.
A few people also decided it was a good idea to bang on the police-station's front door until it broke. I think they were mad at one of the cop's when he arrested a copuple of the protestors.

I was there with a tape-recorder for the college radio-station as well as a video-camera for a potential student-documentary which I never got around to doing.
I should still have the tape somewhere.

another reporter who I know was there got clobbered by a pretty big rock and it shattered the radio station's rather pricey tape-recorder.
I came away unscathed.

The demonstration itself was incredibly lame. Just a couple dozen KKK and skin-heads walked around the streets, then met uptown at the main-square and said a few things that nobody could hear over the protestors' screaming. Then they left.
A couple of them were bleeding a little from having been hit by a rock or a bottle.