Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Does it make sense to continue playing?

I am playing for 13 months now. It's simple. I am highly intelligent but I can't ask myself what Villan could have.

Result:

I feel so stupid that I just can't even look how Villan played preflop. I am 4 tabling but feel that the people play very bad and that I should win... haha! I might think that.
Does it make sense to continue?
Old 10-05-2007, 05:38 PM

Default Re: Does it make sense to continue playing?

Depends if you had a good RB deal or bonusses. Maybee you could cover the losses. I am up 35 K last years and stopped poker. The good times are over. Cheating is more and more common in any way.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Depends if you had a good RB deal or bonusses. Maybee you could cover the losses. I am up 35 K last years and stopped poker. The good times are over. Cheating is more and more common in any way.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2007, 05:47 PM

Sure I could. I never invested a cent in poker.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:24 PM

Based on your posts in SSNL I would guess that your problem is that you have no idea where to actually look for leaks. Are you a cardrunners member? Have you considered coaching?
Old 10-05-2007, 08:35 PM

deposit on stars and 8 table the lowest games on there if u cant win there u just cant win
Old 10-06-2007, 12:01 AM

Stars at micro limits is a good idea. I don't know where have you been playing but you should also consider the possibility that you can't win on that site.

Can't put people on hands? That might be more difficult at nl holdem as there are less showdowns than at limit holdem. So, getting experience takes more time.

There are also other forms where one does not need that much feel. You could also try pot limit omaha as your stats look similar to mine as far as my little pot limit omaha playing shows, while I have never lost at holdem during the last eight years.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:15 AM

That red ink aint bad really man. I could loss that much in one hand; lets see one year minus 6gs you need a avg pot size input and an allin win% plus maybe cut out all the micro stuff to little motivation. But you gota good NL 100d tab play that 400 buck is one pot RIGHT? Also one instant money secret I can contrib is loose Omaha hi play the nuts only and secure a risk reward for yourself. But reads online?
Old 10-06-2007, 03:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Based on your posts in SSNL I would guess that your problem is that you have no idea where to actually look for leaks. Are you a cardrunners member? Have you considered coaching?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well about a week ago I could swear that is is preflop and that they just luck me out postflop but now I clearly see that my problem are turn and river. I had a coach for a few hours. He did see nothing special. I guess because the big postflop screwups doesn't come with that high frequency.

-> Cardrunners yes.

[ QUOTE ]
Stars at micro limits is a good idea. I don't know where have you been playing but you should also consider the possibility that you can't win on that site.

[/ QUOTE ]
The site does not matter. I am my real opponent. I played on party, prima, full tilt, stars...

[ QUOTE ]
Also one instant money secret I can contrib is loose Omaha hi play the nuts only and secure a risk reward for yourself. But reads online?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have tried PLO and am up many stacks after a few thousand hands. But variance...
Regarding the reads: I mean more like I don't even realize when people check / raise me. "I has Aces" I am nicapable of laying down a hand after the turn when i am the aggressor at the moment. Yesterday I have done it a few times. That was clearly progress but then I screwed up to other hands. Like I said, I am my opponent not Villan.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I has Aces" I am nicapable of laying down a hand after the turn when i am the aggressor at the moment.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are losing at micros then failing to lay down overpairs and TPTK is NOT your biggest problem. Looking at stats your WTSD is low and your W$SD is too HIGH, and WWSF is much too low. It's way more likely that you are folding too many hands, or missing value bets, or missing c-bets.

Remember, if your opponents are putting too much money in with weak hands then it's going to be much more important to win the most when you're ahead than to lose the least when you are behind. But you obviously look at poker as a game of not losing.