Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who are the Top 5 SNG players in the World? Have to of played 1k 215s+ to Answer )
1. Good2cu (ShipItHolla, OkemosGod) 5 4.27%
2. Z23fanatic (rosekto/herpes4l1fe) 15 12.82%
3. Bigjoe (bigjoe, newt_buggins) 12 10.26%
4. Newt (Idiotluxbox) 13 11.11%
5. Majorpolk (MyPlayground2) 1 0.85%
6. Deuce2High (pwnasaurusx, hezaquick1) 5 4.27%
7. Curtains 9 7.69%
8. JohnnyBax 2 1.71%
9. Sheets 0 0%
10. GregRaymer(Fossilman) 2 1.71%
11. BonafoneX(Billy4inc, Pwhap) 6 5.13%
12. Raptor517 (Raptor517, PinkRazor etc.) 8 6.84%
13. Gramps (Burrito4me) 7 5.98%
14. Scrubs 0 0%
15. The_Dry 4 3.42%
16. FireyJustice (JCardShark, Gormos, XxtabiasXX) 5 4.27%
17. Zeejustin (50+ Screen names) 3 2.56%
18. Gigabet (40% ROI!! LOL) 4 3.42%
19. Daniel Alei 2 1.71%
20. Jman28 (Sassypants) 1 0.85%
21. Shannon Shorr (Bluff4Rent) 2 1.71%
22. Noodleman 3 2.56%
23. Phil Ivey 0 0%
Other 5 4.27%
Other 3 2.56%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2007, 11:42 PM

Default Official \"it\'s not too early to start talking about Fantasy Football\"

Some of the first mags have come out, but I've been studying since the pro bowl.

I'm playing in the WCOFF (www.wcoff.com) for the first time this year and am really excited about it. Let's get some discussion going. I'll start w/ my top 10 RBs (in order)
assuming regular scoring plus point per reception

1. LT
2. SJackson
3. McGahee (I'm a lot higher on him than most)
4. Addai
5. LJ (don't really like him this year)
6. Henry
7. Bush
8. Alexander
9. Moroney
10. Westbrook

RB is deeper in the first 15-20 this year than it has been in a few years. Surprising that with all the talk about the two headed running back system taking over in the NFL, so many of the two headed systems traded a guy and now have featured backs. Last year there were only about half the teams with a true featured back going into the year and the rest was a big guessing game. This year a bunch of them have split up or one has come to the clear front(benson/tjones, moroney/dillon, denver, addai/rhodes, etc..)

There are also still a lot of interesting RBBC situations that will factor into the fantasy season one way or another (NO, Jacksonville, Carolina, ATL, WAS, DAL, DET, MIN).

WR is also very flat in the top 10 picks and then from 10-22 or so. There are two distinct tiers, but not much after that save a few fliers (Vincent Jackson, SD...my fave sleeper of the early summer)

QBs are deep all the way until 13-15 or so. I'll stay with my normal strategy of not picking my starting QB until everyone else in the league has one (unless someone retarded just drops to me)

DEF/Kickers are as unpredictable as ever. There are a few sleeper D's that I like (Oakland, Jacksonville) late, but I'll probably splurge for Baltimore in leagues that have normal scoring for Def.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Official \"it\'s not too early to start talking about Fantasy Footba

Maroney is really close with Addai, it depends on his shoulder. The Pats offense could really open up with Moss/Stallworth/Welker this year.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:57 PM

Default Re: Official \"it\'s not too early to start talking about Fantasy Footba

Alexander imo should be much higher. He averaged 28 carries after he came back from the injury (not counting the first game because they took it easy on him) 112 yds and 1 rushing TD a game. I believe he was still playing with that foot injury as well?
Old 06-20-2007, 11:59 PM

What do you guys think of Marion Barber III? I ended up using him with SJackson last season to mucho success, although my league's commish was dumb and biased the scoring towards TDs and away from yds...
Old 06-21-2007, 12:23 AM

I like McGahee too; should be good for 1,500 yards. My only concern would be McNair sucking it up & not giving him enough scoring chances.
My biased sleeper pick is Lynch w/ an improved QB/OL & nobody of note to share carries with.
Who would've thought 10 months ago Travis Henry > Ronnie Brown?
I dunno if Jacksonville can be called a sleeper D anymore.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:33 AM

I'd rank reggie bush up higher, mcgahee down a bit.

Look at bush's stats from the last 6-8 games last year...he really figured something out.

It will be interesting to see where the experts rank him...I hope its low so I can grab him coming back in round 2.

What about Benson being a feature back for the Bears? Jones is gone, running team, QB not known for lighting it up through the air....sounds like a recipe for 1600+ yds, 10+ TDS. They also get to play Detroit and GB twice.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What do you guys think of Marion Barber III? I ended up using him with SJackson last season to mucho success, although my league's commish was dumb and biased the scoring towards TDs and away from yds...

[/ QUOTE ]

Barber scores a lot....I pick him up as a 3 or 4 back. I got killed with injuries last year at RB and he brought home a few wins for me until I got my starters back.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:25 AM

McGahee sucks. Hard.

Alexander's top 5.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:26 AM

Default Re: Official \"it\'s not too early to start talking about Fantasy Football\"

[ QUOTE ]
I'll start w/ my top 10 RBs (in order)
assuming regular scoring plus point per reception

1. LT
2. SJackson
3. McGahee (I'm a lot higher on him than most)
4. Addai
5. LJ (don't really like him this year)
6. Henry
7. Bush
8. Alexander
9. Moroney
10. Westbrook

[/ QUOTE ]

In PPR, I'd go:

1. LT
2. Jackson
3. Addai
4. Maroney
5. Gore
6. LJ
7. Bush
8. Westbrook
9. Alexander
10. Parker
Old 06-21-2007, 01:27 AM

Default Re: Official \"it\'s not too early to start talking about Fantasy Football\"

Zod -
I love moroney. that team is going to put up mad numbers and they will be playing from ahead a lot.

69sofine -
Alexander is pretty high on a lot of boards, high enough that i'll prob never draft him. i'm a little meh on him this year..he's getting up in age, we're not sure about the foot still, holmgren has been passing a lot more in the red zone. i'm not down on him, but i'm not amped on him either.

mbillie and pokerbobo -
i had mbIII last year too, and watching his games, a lot of his TDs were flukey...JJ rattles off 7 straight carries down to the two and he punches it in...i saw that 3 or 4 times at least. a lot of his statlines were like 6 carries for 4 yds, 2 TDs. nice if you can always do that, but i think his stats were too flukey last year and he'll be overvalued. Now, if JJ is demoted/traded/hurt, i do like him a lot. (I'm prob staying away from both this year, though)

MacGuyV -
If you look at stupid, fat Jamal Lewis' #s from last year (almost 1200 yds and 9 tds) and think about how much better a back willis is, i think we are looking at a huge year. i love backs from teams w/ good defenses, they gave up a lot to get him, he is unquestionably their best offensive threat, he has been very durable for someone w/ his injury in college, he has something to prove. McNair is the perfect QB for him because he doesn't turn over the ball alot and they won't allow him to just light it up throwing 50x a game. I see a lot of 28 carry, 125 yd 2 td games from my boy.
I like Lynch, too, and I'll be interested to see where he is ranked. I love him as a 3rd RB or a 2nd RB if you go RB/WR/WR.
I actually kind of like Brown this year too...more than most. I love backs who were 1st round picks from last year who were busts. they always fall too far.

pokerbobo -
in my main league, i drafted RB 8th overall last year, so obv. i love the guy. in a ppr league or a league that awards bonus pts for long td's i think he is top 5.
Most rankings have him around 12-16. If I got mcgahee at like 7 and reggie at 18 or whatever, i would be loving life.