Attention grabbing clothing 6 4.03%
Attention grabbing jewerly 9 6.04%
Your person is themed (Emo,Gangsta,Punk,Goth) 5 3.36%
None of the above 87 58.39%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 04:50 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD NOV***

Do you usually workout during the evening?

I also tend to eat sometimes at very late hours.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:59 PM

I started exercising in the mornings when I changed my sleeping pattern a little while ago. It's an excellent way to start the day imo. It's really hard to get up in the beginning, but after a workout and a shower I feel much more focused and energized throughout the day, and naturally get tired in the evenings. I've really started to appreciate the morning hours and generally feel better.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ugh. I woke up today at 12:15pm (earliest in a long time). I swear ever since last year I can't fall asleep earlier than 2am and I have trouble waking up before noon unless I have something to do. I mean, I try to go to bed earlier but not only does it take me a long time to go under, but my internal clock tells me I'm not tired.

Anyone have any experience with this and have any advice for me? I really want to change my sleeping patterns and wake up earlier so that the day isn't already [censored] half-done when I start. :/

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been kind of nice lately for me. I'm off the schedule of sleeping 4am to 11am and have been more 1am to 8am lately.

As was said above, you just have to force yourself to get up at the desired time a few days in a row. Yeah, you won't get enough sleep and may feel like crap for those few days, but your body will adjust...
Old 11-21-2007, 05:01 PM

Saw American Gangster last night, good flick.

Just got the new Coheed and Cambria CD- Insane good.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I started exercising in the mornings when I changed my sleeping pattern a little while ago. It's an excellent way to start the day imo. It's really hard to get up in the beginning, but after a workout and a shower I feel much more focused and energized throughout the day, and naturally get tired in the evenings. I've really started to appreciate the morning hours and generally feel better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Def the way to go. Hoping that will be my plan once pesky work is over [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you usually workout during the evening?

I also tend to eat sometimes at very late hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually work out after work (7-8PM 3 nights a week). You are definitely eating too late. Try going to bed an hour before you normally do and read for 30-45 minutes to get your brain to relax. Force yourself to get up when your alarm goes off. If this is a problem, place the alarm clock across the room so you physically have to get up. After another poster said, after a week or so you should start noticing a difference.

Oh yeah, if you are consuming a lot of alcohol that will definitely screw things up as well.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:13 PM

lol alcohol well I am joining a frat atm... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

But in any case thanks for the advice guys!
Old 11-21-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rain,

what did you do your thesis on? I got my bachelor's in comp sci but could never really decide if graduate studies was for me.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well the title is "Natural Language Processing for a Psychometer" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
It's mainly in the field of artificial intelligence and linguistics, but a bit of software engineering as well.
Old 11-21-2007, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the first real snow is hitting the front range of northern colorado right now. and it is gorgeous. that's all. go back to your donkeys

[/ QUOTE ]

T-minus a month and 12 days until I'm there. We'll have to meet up and ski* somewhere if you're game.

*I snowboard

[/ QUOTE ]

sure, I ski a lot of double black though. boarders don't typically like my terrain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Count me in, I also like double blacks, either chutes or moguls or trees, but will ski whatever. Snow isn't going to be very good for a while anyway [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-21-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
the first real snow is hitting the front range of northern colorado right now. and it is gorgeous. that's all. go back to your donkeys

[/ QUOTE ]

T-minus a month and 12 days until I'm there. We'll have to meet up and ski* somewhere if you're game.

*I snowboard

[/ QUOTE ]

sure, I ski a lot of double black though. boarders don't typically like my terrain.

[/ QUOTE ]

Count me in, I also like double blacks, either chutes or moguls or trees, but will ski whatever. Snow isn't going to be very good for a while anyway [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I'm fine w/ most tree runs, double blacks, etc. Sometimes the moguls get a little obnoxious though on a snowboard.
Closed Thread