Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: anybody else frantically chasing supernova?

i just started on stars a couple months ago, and have 58k vpp to go for supernova...

any idea on the best way to get there playing 100nl? how many hands is that? should i try short stacking 24 tables?
Old 11-21-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i just started on stars a couple months ago, and have 58k vpp to go for supernova...

any idea on the best way to get there playing 100nl? how many hands is that? should i try short stacking 24 tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

Conservatively, plan for about .4 VPP/hand at 100NL FR, so that's about 145,000 hands. Estimate 60 hands/table/hr and 24 tables, you could do it in about 100 hrs. So it's achievable, but not easy, depending on how many hours and tables you typically play.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Conservatively, plan for about .4 VPP/hand at 100NL FR, so that's about 145,000 hands. Estimate 60 hands/table/hr and 24 tables, you could do it in about 100 hrs. So it's achievable, but not easy, depending on how many hours and tables you typically play.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think its closer to .35vpp/hand
Old 11-21-2007, 10:35 AM

I'm at 78k, definitely plan on making it. I don't think shortstacking or playing more tables than you are comfortable with are necessary.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:12 AM

ya, this is about what i calculated too. but 150k hands in 40 days is prolly more than i can handle. is there a better way to get vpp??

seems like the 33% rakeback from supernova would just be sooo worth it. im fine with playing breakeven poker for a while if i really have to. because i think it will pay off me in the long run. any other thoughts?
Old 11-21-2007, 11:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

seems like the 33% rakeback from supernova would just be sooo worth it. im fine with playing breakeven poker for a while if i really have to. because i think it will pay off me in the long run. any other thoughts?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, what? I am so not into this supernova stuff as not playing much on stars, could someone like give me a two lines summary why I should transfer half of my BR to stars next year and try to make it. Greatly appreciated!
Old 11-21-2007, 12:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ya, this is about what i calculated too. but 150k hands in 40 days is prolly more than i can handle. is there a better way to get vpp??

[/ QUOTE ]

are you good at STT's? if you could mass multitable like the 60's thats probably a good way to rack up VPP's, but if not just play lots of full ring tables, its really the best way to rack them up with a pretty low bankroll.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, what? I am so not into this supernova stuff as not playing much on stars, could someone like give me a two lines summary why I should transfer half of my BR to stars next year and try to make it. Greatly appreciated!

[/ QUOTE ]Stars doesn't go down as often as Tilt. Stars is much easier on the eyes. Stars doesn't lag after putting up 8 tables. Stars doesn't lock your account for no reason. Stars actually has good CS. I don't understand why people bother with FT. The CS alone is worth it.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think its closer to .35vpp/hand

[/ QUOTE ]

YMMV. It depends a lot on the table and time of day. I play full-stack nights and weekends. So I think I get more VPP/hand on avg (I usually use .42 vpp/hand for estimates actually). If you SS during the day, you probably have a much smaller avg. It really matters when you're talking about things like Supernova, where the difference between .4 and .35 is 20k hands for OP's 58k VPPs!
Old 11-21-2007, 12:46 PM

Is this outdated or something? Was made in mid August...