Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 10:20 PM

Default Re: AP thread 87.1 - waiting on the statement ITT

So is it true that one person is actually going to be removed from online poker, like nat said AP told him? This is so horrible and frightening, it should be the new capital punishment I think. It's worse than death penalty. One degree below that, should be "remove from no-limit texas holdem sit and gos" (the person can still play online cash games, but only omaha sit and gos [also limit texas holdem sit and gos, but that's so much worse than death, he probably wouldn't do that anyway]).
Old 10-20-2007, 10:23 PM

I don't think they gave the highly trusted consultant crashing at Scott Tom's crib consultant story enough time to fully sink in. It was far better than the rogue programmer geek did it just to prove it could be done and "sorta frame Scott Tom" story, which was of course a marked improvement over the "fortunate result" from "unorthodox play" story.

From my point of view, the statement also needs to explain how these brazen lies were repeated issued. The repeated false statements make this look like a case not of a few bad apples, but a whole rotten, stinking tree.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going to wait for the statement along with the rest of you before saying anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm think that maybe we should delay commenting on the "preliminary" statement until Monday...or whenever the news cycle is. Their release late Friday by an unnamed source to some news agency (911?) was probably to guage reactions to said story during slow news and release a "final" statement Monday. Can somebody tell me when good/bad news should be released? I'm ignorant about that...among other things.

Absolute has run several items up the flagpole recently. They're obviously using our comments to "craft" the truth or, at least, guaging how much of the truth they need to disclose.

Any preliminary statement comments will probably be used by them to craft a final statement.

I'm just sayin'...these guys think they're crafty.

They probably even hired some liars...er, lawyers.

Edit: I apologize about the lawyer joke. Forgot. I sometimes jokingly refer to myself as a recovering attorney. Didn't mean to offend you. Delete it if ya' want.

gg
Old 10-20-2007, 10:24 PM

So AJ Green and Scott Tom are going to be banished from the intrawebs for a while..... Wow. Harsh.

So why did Oscar Hilt Tatum emmigrate to Panama?

Is Philip Tom really Scott Tom's brother? (yah, I know his dad has that same name, but the pics are pretty conclusive IMHO and he could have a brother you know).

Why aren't the "dumpees" being investigated thouroughly?

Just a few thoughts.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So is it true that one person is actually going to be removed from online poker, like nat said AP told him? This is so horrible and frightening, it should be the new capital punishment I think. It's worse than death penalty. One degree below that, should be "remove from no-limit texas holdem sit and gos" (the person can still play online cash games, but only omaha sit and gos [also limit texas holdem sit and gos, but that's so much worse than death, he probably wouldn't do that anyway]).

[/ QUOTE ]
I really wish people would stop looking for reasons to clumsily wedge in their one-liners

Half this thread is useful and the other half is a bad open-mic night
Old 10-20-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just got off the phone with the same person Nat got off the phone with.

Let me say that, on a personal level, I got the feeling he is honest. I can't say why publicly, but there is one particular reason that I think he was telling me the truth.

Having said that, here's what everyone needs to know right now:

-A statement from the senior figure at the combined company (not Tom lol) will be coming, most likely tomorrow morning, at his own request (this is why it's delayed);
-This will not be the final statement, just the first one;
-All tournament and cash game players are being fully repaid obv, within a short time frame (you can stop bugging me on AIM now);
-There are, indeed, two senior figures implicated in this (see Nat's post for more on that);
-Two or three other pieces of information I will be cross-checking on before commenting further*.

Overall, I get the feeling that this is the truth as this person knows it. It may not be the entire story, but AP is very well aware that if anything they say does not check out with what we know for sure, they'll be crucified. In other words, I'm going to wait for the statement along with the rest of you before saying anything else.

*He told me one big thing that I could potentially use against AP if they do not come clean with it. They will certainly talk about this soon, and while it will not surprise many of you, it should somewhat reassure some people when it does get out.

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds promising. Too early to call it a win but hopefully we are up by several points.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My wife is extremely upset at AP over this. I haven't been away from the computer the whole time! Well, actually she is more upset with me....

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel her pain.

Oh BTW Mick, if you are still up reading this, (eyes rolling)....I am going to bed. Night hunny.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Their release late Friday by an unnamed source to some news agency (911?) was definitely to guage reactions to said story during slow news and release a "final" statement Monday

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-20-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So is it true that one person is actually going to be removed from online poker, like nat said AP told him?

[/ QUOTE ]

Works great for covering up mistakes.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:31 PM

That is funny. Very good.
Closed Thread