Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: Deep river bluff

I like this against a villain who can find the fold button.
Old 10-15-2007, 12:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont like it.. his hand def. looks very strong, u would have raised the turn with a set so u cant have a full here and you probably would just call with a flush on this board so i dont think you do a good job of representing anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would definetly not have raised the turn with 2pair/set, since there is a four card straight out there. Therefore I think my line makes sense.

I cannot see villain having a house here, since he only called the flop on a drawy board against two players, and therefore most probably does not have a set.

I would also for sure raise his weak lead with A/K high flush. In the moment I thought his most likely holding was a straigh - a 4 or maybe 87.

Another thing to note is that villain knows I am sick callingstation, and therefore is more likely to v.-bet thinly with a straight, no?

I dont know if my thoughs are why off, thats why I posted the hand...

Edit: In my first post I mentioned I had history with Villain1, it is of course Villain2 whom I have some history with.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:42 PM

I think this is fine, really depends on how villain 2 views you, but as you described the situation I think this play is fine.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont like it.. his hand def. looks very strong, u would have raised the turn with a set so u cant have a full here

[/ QUOTE ]

you saw the 4card straight right? even if you raise a set to protect against a flush draw, it's not like so standard that villain just uses hand reading 101 and figures out that a full house is impossible, because that's just not the case most of the time in thi sspot.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:23 PM

How often do you think he shows up with a hand like 45 or 56 here (pair and a gutter on the flop)? Are you discounting those because he plays them faster on the flop or what?

I think either of those hands makes a lot of sense depending on how aggressive the villain is.
Old 10-15-2007, 04:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually kinda like this. Villain's hand looks like a straight to me most often, and almost never a full house. Your line is completely consistent with how a set or 2 pair that rivered the boat would play. So yeah, I like it, but maybe I'm just a spewmonkey, idk

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-15-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How often do you think he shows up with a hand like 45 or 56 here (pair and a gutter on the flop)? Are you discounting those because he plays them faster on the flop or what?

I think either of those hands makes a lot of sense depending on how aggressive the villain is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya I guess they do. But I do not think he would bet out on the turn when the 4 card straight hit with 45 or 56, would he? Also, wouldnt he be betting more if he filled on the river?
Old 10-15-2007, 05:05 PM

you have to have some confidence that he won't just go "GODDAMNIT THEY ALWAYS COOLER MY STRAIGHTS" and call, but this line looks pretty good to me.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:30 PM

Ok seems like most people agree it was a good move against the right oponent. But my reads were off since he had 45off for a full house and obv insta called. meh
Old 10-15-2007, 08:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I actually kinda like this. Villain's hand looks like a straight to me most often, and almost never a full house. Your line is completely consistent with how a set or 2 pair that rivered the boat would play. So yeah, I like it, but maybe I'm just a spewmonkey, idk

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think its at least close enough that vs a reg when you add shania it makes it def non-spewmonkish.

never hurts to showdown some river bluff rzs 200bb deep.