Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2007, 09:48 AM

Default Re: Completely ridiculous Pokerstars new disconnect policy

[ QUOTE ]
wtf? your opponent disconnects from the internet, you win chips every minute your opponent is away, and you are complaining about the inconvenience? how the hell do you think your opponent feels that he has been disconnected and chips are being transferred risk free to you?

seriously, you need to take a good hard look at yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a break. For the first few minutes, I see your point. But when it become obvious that a player is not likely to return, then having to wait 40 minutes for them to be blinded out is going disconnect-protect overboard.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:56 AM

if the worst thing that happens to you today is that you win a SNG slowly, it is not a bad day.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I actually have to wait before I win a $5 sit and go just by showing up WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I disconnects alot so I don't have a prob with it...
2+2: Mike Moon has timed out - reply is folded
Old 09-25-2007, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if the worst thing that happens to you today is that you win a SNG slowly, it is not a bad day.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I actually have to wait before I win a $5 sit and go just by showing up WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

[/ QUOTE ]

Listen, I'm not whining or crying. This isn't even something that would effect me in the games I play. I'm just saying that this is a case of a good idea taken too far. I understand there are much worse things than having to wait to get the easy money and if there's no other way then so be it. It's not a bad thing, though, for the clock to return to a very short period after enough time has passed that it is very reasonable to assume the other player will not be returning.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
it is very reasonable to assume the other player will not be returning

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a reasonable assumption. Do you think your opponent just decided, meh, not worth it, I'm turning off the computer? Of course not - he's disconnected from his ISP or whatever and is probably frantically trying to get back on. It may take 10 minutes, it may take 10 hours.

And while $5 may not be much to you, it might be to this guy. So, he should have every chance to get back and finish. It's not taking you any longer than it would if he decided to take the maximum time every hand and then fold.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not a reasonable assumption. Do you think your opponent just decided, meh, not worth it, I'm turning off the computer? Of course not - he's disconnected from his ISP or whatever and is probably frantically trying to get back on. It may take 10 minutes, it may take 10 hours.

And while $5 may not be much to you, it might be to this guy. So, he should have every chance to get back and finish. It's not taking you any longer than it would if he decided to take the maximum time every hand and then fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

A+

Wish Full Tilt would start doing that too. Specially with their damn site freezing constantly and the yellow screen of death and all.. this would sure be helpful at FTP too....
Old 09-25-2007, 11:49 AM

wow, how big of a douche do you have to be to complain about something like this?
Old 09-25-2007, 12:35 PM

In "the past" when you could clean someone out instantly, it was probably because they hadn't disconnected. They were connected, weren't paying attention and timed out. In this case, as noted, Disconnect Extra Time applies. Start another tournament, stop bitchin'.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

anyone who doesnt agree with this is a douchebag IMO