FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: KQo
raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-11-2007, 03:56 AM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

If this is a team of players and they constantly swap screennames, then each screennames' stats would be very very similar.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:03 AM

Was the question addressed anywhere in this thread about why, if this is a sweatshop, they take 10-15 seconds to make very simple decisions?

This doesn't all add up to me.
Old 05-11-2007, 04:51 AM

I do not buy what nlnut is saying (not that it matters much to anyone) -

If I have a strategy, which coupled with rakeback will give me good profit.
If I can recode scripts to suit my strategy.
If I want to use multiple accounts to reduce risks attached to each account.
All I need is few other IDs that i can verify with FT.

Wouldn't I be better off in paying my friends 1000 bucks in borrowing their ID and few calls/faxes to FT than pay them 8 bucks an hour? heck I can even ask them to back me up for couple of thousand bucks in case i need more help from them for FT or forum queries? More over any human can and will make mistakes in trying to stick to a strategy over 100k hands.

There should be more evidence to prove that it was not a bot.

Cheers!
Cyc

P.S: New poster - so dont kill me
Old 05-11-2007, 04:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Was the question addressed anywhere in this thread about why, if this is a sweatshop, they take 10-15 seconds to make very simple decisions?

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in the thread has it been established that the 10-15 second pause is an objective fact? The only one that I remember saying anything about this is the OP and that could easily be a case of selective recall. I'm not saying it doesn't exist, just that I haven't seen any proof outside of some subjective statements about the pauses that by themselves mean nothing.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This doesn't all add up to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever multi-tabled? Doesn't sound like it.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:34 AM

This has all become rehashing of the same crap.

At this point, who cares? They don't make much (they make most of their money from FTP paying rakeback!) and now when they do play they will be getting railed hard and have people trying to exploit them.

It doesn't really matter, either FTP will take action or the community will on the tables. Arguing on here has gone as far as it can.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:39 AM

It's also a matter of how this case shows the community how FTP generally behaves in terms of customer support...

Many people are upset with its customer support etc., and are now nailing FTP for not taking any action in this "clear cut" case, to quote the mob [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] (I admit I'm amongst them...). Also, it seems like they have acted against their own policies, and this upsets people as well... As honest players want to play against honest human beings as well, and not against some stupid robot, which will eventually get better as it is being developped...

Understandable to some point, eh, dahlig?
Old 05-11-2007, 05:43 AM

Yeah but it isn't "clear cut" in anyway, the stats are insane, but after a month of FTP investigating with the resources they have, they found no violations. In this thread we have found ZERO violations, it's all been speculation. The speculation has had some pretty decent evidence, but any defense lawyer would have a cake walk if this were a court case.

FTP has said they would respond and by Doug's response they are taking is very seriously. All we can do now is wait for FTP's response, as of now the discussion hasn't furthered anything (the last few pages that is). It's repeated questions and responses.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:49 AM

Well, we have actually received a response in case you didn't notice: FTPSean statement
Old 05-11-2007, 05:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
At this point, who cares? They don't make much (they make most of their money from FTP paying rakeback!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop being so shortsighted. Sure they're slightly better than breakeve, but they are pulling money out of the poker economy nonetheless. This shouldn't be allowed by anyone breaking the rules. So if these players are bots there is a hell of a lot to be up in arms about.

[ QUOTE ]
and now when they do play they will be getting railed hard and have people trying to exploit them.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a few weeks they won't have anyone railing them and not many trying to exploit them. There simply aren't enough of us who are willing to play full ring. Also given the publicity this has received I would not be surprised if FTP changed their account names.