Old 05-10-2007, 07:00 PM

Default Re: NL Bots oSn Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
From nlnut's and brandon's conduct in this thread I think it can safely be assumed that neither of them is very bright.

[/ QUOTE ]

Understatement of the year. Take a look at the pic of their "setup". I spend a lot of time at my computer, or take a look at other pics of people's set-ups.

Where is the clutter? Right now, I have an empty water bottle, a pack of cigs, an ash tray, a stack of old bills. Above my terminal are some baseball hats, a lamp, a book, and a box of envelopes. Next to my mouse pad is a pen.

They play hours and hours, crammed together, and their isn't even a crumpled up candy wrapper to be found. RIGHT.
Those monitors were place on a empty clean table for the pic, and some mismatched chairs shoved in front of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you not clean up your setup before posting it for a bunch of random strangers to see?

[/ QUOTE ]
Take a look at pics of people's set-ups posted here.
The answer is NO

[/ QUOTE ]

Those people were not posting it to a thread with 22k views, on a forum that they are unfamiliar with, and where many people that are looking at it think they are scum.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, those people were posting in "Hey look at my set-up" threads, which would give them even more incentive to clean up, if that is what people do.
There were not posting in "Look proof this is where I work for hours at a time every day", which would give you more incentive not to clean up to make the place look lived in, if you were not so stupid.

[/ QUOTE ]

You really need to put yourself in their shoes.

Take a picture as is, and get railed on for having a dirty/messy setup.

Clean up first and it's obvious no one ever uses the desk, must be a bot.

Take a picture where there's 3 desks, and how do you explain the very similar PT stats when it's obvious someone at another desk wouldn't be able to see your screen and help you.

Take a picture where there's 1 desk, and no one thinks 2-3 guys would ever play that close.

Reading anything into the picture, other than the fact that these guys are trying very hard to prove their innocence, is pointless.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
do you give them benefits?

do they get paid overtime?

sick days, federal holidays?

who do they list as their employer for W-2?

is there an employee manual?

do you have HR?

is the place approved by OSHA?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since they are not paid an hourly rate its clear they are not employees. Thus, no HR, no manual, no W-2 or employer, no holidays, no overtime, and no benefits.

I doubt he'd answer questions about his tax situation either.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why do you take notes on players if you play the same way no matter who the player is? You're C-betting 97% of the time and you claim that you take notes on players?

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="red"> the notes are part of the strategy...pretty much we track something in our notes that pt doesn't that is specific to each player...I can not explain it as it would be releasing part of strategy </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

You're not answering the question. Why are you taking copious notes if you never divert from the strategy?

[/ QUOTE ]

since part of our strategy requires pahud/PT. And pahud and PT doesn't track a specific stat we need to manually note it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you go through all the trouble to track this one little stat, but you don't bother to fix huge leaks in your strategy?
Old 05-10-2007, 07:03 PM

<font color="red">NL NUT</font>
Why havent you played today if everything is ok? People berating shouldnt be a problem really.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:04 PM

edited - not important
Old 05-10-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

As far as I know, Nation does not own a digital camera.

[/ QUOTE ]

O RLY???

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...age=0&amp;vc=1
Old 05-10-2007, 07:05 PM

happyhappyhappy,

Fair enough. We aren't so far apart in our opinions. I just think that people will get tired of harassing him long before three months. We just have different ideas on how persistent people can be.

I do agree that it would be best for him to clear himself and thus not have to deal with harassment at all, but I don't see that happening without some kind of new information coming out. I think everyone that has already condemned him for being a bot will remain unswayed no matter what he says and that those that believe him will continue to do so until someone presents more information. And then you'll have those that believe him that still think he in unethical for playing in a group.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:10 PM

What kinda money are these guys making?
Old 05-10-2007, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You really need to put yourself in their shoes.

Take a picture as is, and get railed on for having a dirty/messy setup.

Clean up first and it's obvious no one ever uses the desk, must be a bot.

Take a picture where there's 3 desks, and how do you explain the very similar PT stats when it's obvious someone at another desk wouldn't be able to see your screen and help you.

Take a picture where there's 1 desk, and no one thinks 2-3 guys would ever play that close.

Reading anything into the picture, other than the fact that these guys are trying very hard to prove their innocence, is pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]
I did put myself in their shoes. I thought if someone asked me to take a picture of my set-up where I worked, what would it look like? And I looked around. I now have an empty pop can sitting next to my keyboard.

You've listed a lot of scenarios of what they should take a pic of. One desk, three desks, etc. So I guess you admit the pic is not actually the bot set-up they use -- it is a pic they tried to put together, just another lie.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And the players have posted here on 2+2 about bot scripts

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Mark,

That is not bot scripts. I'm not saying you are right or wrong, but ignorant claims like this don't help your cause.

Adde

[/ QUOTE ]

The post I was referencing I believe nlnut was asking about 'mouseclicker scripts'. While I understand that doesn't have to be for a bot, a bot definitely would need to be able to click the mouse. Maybe I should have specifically said 'mouseclicker scripts' instead of bot scripts.

Mark