Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 06:33 PM

Default Re: Nation\'s Modship

kkcountry,

Depending on who you talk to botting is either the most serious thing ever in online poker or it's years away from being a threat. I don't really know much about how effective bots currently are and I don't really care. I know that wherever there is money people will try to get it and botting is just one of the ways for them to try that. I have accepted the fact that I have probably played against bots in the past and will definitely play against them in the future.

Now as far as this situation goes the accusation seems to be that some guy posted some stats of players he thought were bots. He took this step because he had reported these accounts to Full Tilt and thought it was taken care of, but discovered the accounts playing again after about a month long break during which the investigation took place. Full Tilt decided these players were in fact not bots and he wasn't happy with that decision so he outed them to the masses. What happened next was a lot of "Obviously these accounts are bots." Then someone found out that one of the accounts belonged to nation's friend. After people outed Doug's full name and offered to get his address and phone number for people and started ripping on Doug personally then nation felt obliged to step in and defend his friend. Now I don't know if Doug is botting or not. And if he's not and is doing to group play thing, then more power to him.

I just take exception to the idea that nation defending his friend that he knows in real life from personal attacks on the internet in any way makes him seem guilty of something. If anything it just makes him a good friend who may or may not have all the facts. And as far as these supposed lies go, I don't see them. Even the ones that are supposed to be quoted in this thread seem to be a matter of people trying to nitpick everything that nation says. It just seems like a lot of sound and fury over things that I think would be easily resolved if everyone could chill out and take a step back from the situation and communicate effectively.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:35 PM

If the mod worship in this thread was cake, I'd be bulimic.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Remember Me!!!

Old 05-10-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread needs MSPaint Yo...
Old 05-10-2007, 06:50 PM

This is a Nation quote from the bot thread (I can dig up others with similar tone if need be):
[ QUOTE ]
ok so basically everything has got off track and no one actually thinks they're bots anymore? good, i've made my point then. i really don't care if you guys nitpick other points.

[/ QUOTE ]
He provided us with his opinion and based on the context and his history and the manner in which is what provided I think many respected people in the thread are still extremely suspicious of this group, even those he remain open minded (this is where I am) have very good reasons to be suspicious. In talking with Nation, nlnut and BJ they all agreed that rational people reading that thread would be suspicious at the very least. Why is Nation so opposed to letting people draw their own conclusions based off the information? Normally this kind of closed mindedness would be dismissed but because he is a *mod* this point was given weight, that is where I see the abuse.

I agree with *TT* that in other forums mods should be able to do what they want express whatever opinions they want, however in a thread of this kind importance Nation acted in a way that abused his sway as a mod to promote his own opinion. He is also acting sketchy to say the least there are definitely some half truths in his posts, that in addition to the fact that many people have said they dont think he is particularly good as a mod makes me think that keeping a mod who has acted like this and could easily be replaced is not necessary.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This thread needs MSPaint Yo...

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 05-10-2007, 06:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is Nation so opposed to letting people draw their own conclusions based off the information?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he knows the guys in real life and has witnessed them playing? Like I said, maybe he doesn't have all the facts, but all he's doing is defending his friend and telling the facts as he knows them.

As for why he is so adamant, how do you not get this? Haven't you ever had someone tell you something that you know is wrong and you've tried to correct them and then they keep insisting that they are right?

Well, that's where I think nation is right now. He knows these guys aren't bots. I don't know if he's right, but these guys have shown him enough in real life for him to feel very strongly that they aren't lying. So of course he isn't going to sit back and say "Oh, well the data says they are bots even though I've seen them play so I guess that they are despite what I have seen with my own eyes in real life. Internets FTW!!!one!!!"
Old 05-10-2007, 07:02 PM

That's a cookie.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:03 PM

What does Nation's credibility or personal ethics have to do with being a mod?

Would a cheat somehow be less able to follow the forum guidlines, deleting and moving posts as he's been instructed?
Old 05-10-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That's a cookie.

[/ QUOTE ]
Google disagrees. 0 relevant hits for "herpes cookie", plenty point to that image for "herpes cake".