Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 07-30-2006, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Qana

[ QUOTE ]
I take it none of you people saw the videos of missiles being shot out of that building in Qana. Seriously people, its almost like this was planned to trap the Israelis.

[/ QUOTE ]
link?
Old 07-30-2006, 01:58 PM

Is Israel fighting the Lebanese Government or a bunch of terrorists?

I think Gillerman made it a point in the Sec Council to point out that the Hez would rise up against the Lebanese government, unless (in effect) Lebanon put up with the bombings and killings for another few weeks.

So, is Israel fighting the Lebanese government or the Hez?

Seems like you (Israel, and your argument) want it both ways. Claim you are fighting the Hez, tie the hands of the Lebanese Govt by removing the infrastructure, excuse the deaths by making the Lebanese govt at least partially culpable.

Actually, Israel has made it impossible for the Lebanese Govt to do anything other than take sides with the Hez (even if they would rather not). But perhaps that is just the intent.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I take it none of you people saw the videos of missiles being shot out of that building in Qana. Seriously people, its almost like this was planned to trap the Israelis.

[/ QUOTE ]
link?

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/L30112913.htm

Had we known there were that many civilians inside, especially women and children, we certainly would not have attacked it," the commander told Reuters on condition of anonymity.

Asked how Israel's intelligence services could know about missile launches from Qana but not about the presence of dozens of civilians, the commander said: "We are capable of detecting missile launches because they are very dynamic."

By contrast, he said the civilians appeared to have been holed up in the building for days, and were therefore almost impossible for aerial surveillance systems to discern.

According to the officer, Hizbollah launched scores of missiles from Qana into Israel, including one that hit a hospital. He said several of the launched took place within a few dozens metres (yards) of the house that was bombed.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:13 PM

Keep in mind that Hezzbolla has the power to end this. Much of the responsibility for this tradgedy lies on their shoulders as well.

Stu
Old 07-30-2006, 02:26 PM

Another sad day in a long, sad, tragic story. And, of course, it will lead to even sadder, more tragic days.

What's wrong with all these people?
Old 07-30-2006, 02:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

After what happened in Qana, Israelis generals should think two times before travelling to Europe. War crime is a serious offense.

This incident, two days after the arrival of US "smart bombs", may cost lifes of american citzens around the world.

Scenes like this is what terrorists are looking for to re-seed their evil.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly was the war crime? A rocket luanching position is a valid military target. Hezzbolla was using this position to attempt to kill and wound Isreali civilians. Those Lebonese civilians killed, occupied a position they knew was going to be bombed. In fact the Isrealis dropped leaflets telling those people to leave. I'd like to know why these people did not leave before I start assigning blame.

Stu
Old 07-30-2006, 02:38 PM

Default IDF Releases Video Showing Rocket Fire from

.....behind the building.

Israel released a classfied video from one of their hidden FOs (foward observers) showing that they were targeting terrorists firing rockets from behind a buiding. Fox News has been playing the video over-and-over agin today. There are some interesting conclusions from this video.
1. Normally the IDF does not release videos would give away the observation positions of their FOs but they evidently feel the PR (public relation) hit they took outweighs the need to protect their FOs and are trying to show the world they were trying to hit military target.

2. The video is a thermal video where the heat from the rockets shows up as black balls flying into the air.

3. The rockets are leaving the ground at a 45 degree angle which means the terrorists are firing the K-rockets to their maximum range of 15 miles. Because of the Israeli buffer zone, the terrorist scum are forced to fired at maximum range and can only hit Northern Israel.

Because of Israeli FOs in enemy terriotory and anti-artillary radar, the Hezbollah scum are employing a shoot-and-scoot strategy. Fire off several salvos, pack-up and run. Evidently the Israelis jets arrived too late to kill the terrorists. Israeli needs to keep doing what they are doing.

I find it curious the media plays "civilian deaths" of the Lebanese over-and-over again but they barely cover the Israeli deaths from 1500+ rockets landing in Israeli population centers.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:45 PM

Default Re: IDF Releases Video Showing Rocket Fire from

According to Fox News, there have been 17 Israeli deaths from Hezbollah rockets. Stands to reason 34 children killed at one time will be a big story.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What exactly was the war crime? A rocket luanching position is a valid military target. Hezzbolla was using this position to attempt to kill and wound Isreali civilians. Those Lebonese civilians killed, occupied a position they knew was going to be bombed. In fact the Isrealis dropped leaflets telling those people to leave. I'd like to know why these people did not leave before I start assigning blame.

Stu

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a reason that war crimes trials tend to last very long. They are allowed to attack the rocket launchers. They are however also responsible for attempting to spear civilians. Then you can start to discuss what knowledge they had, what knowledge they should have gathered. Then who gave the order and who should potentially not have executed it. Then what part of it was intent, and what could be seen as a crime even without intent. There is not many who can give a clear cut answer. I assume however that Israel took efforts to prevent civilian damage for political or other reasons, but was it sufficient? Was it sufficient at all levels? Only a few persons probably know.
Old 07-30-2006, 02:53 PM

Default Don\'t Be Such a Drama Queen

As a Lebanese American, I am completely sickened by Israel. Just sickened. Destorying an entire country because of 2 soldiers.
Don't be such a drama queen. If Israeli wanted to destoy Lebanon then Lebanon would be a radioactive wasteland and terrorist free.

Ban me if you want. [censored] Israel and their terrorism against the Lebanese. I hope the entire Arab world fights back against these digsuting terrorists.
Terrorism is the act of INTENTIONALLY targeting non-combatents. The Arabs are infamous for INTENTIONALLY targeting civilians....AND....taking credit for these attacks. Since Arab terrorists don't wear uniforms and use civilians as human shields, Israel has a more difficult time in finding the terrorists and killing them while minimizing civilan casualties. Israeli is allowed to make an occasional mistake.

The Pew International studies have shown that a sickening number of the Arab population supports INTENTIONALLY targeting civilians. Israeli does not have a problem with their people being terrorists......but the Arab world does. I have ZERO sympathy for the "Arab World". You reap what you sow. Perhaps if Arab enemies would learn to fight like men instead of cowards then people would be more sympathetic. Funny how the Koran promises 72 virgins to muslims who die when they fight infidels but when the bullets start flying most run away. Could they have doubts about getting their 72 virgins?