Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: an expert and i disagreed on this one...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i raise KTo on the button

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this isn't the part you're asking about, but I'd like to mention that I think you'll do much better by just limping in here. Your superior hand reading skills count for a lot more when you keep the pot small. Pumping up the pot with a weak hand like this doesn't gain you much equity immediately, while making their postflop looseness more correct.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I agree with you as a matter of general principle, I might disagree here. The prospect of driving out the blinds and having the dead money overlay is more profitable than the post flop errors of one player.

Against stubborn blinds, where there is little chance of isolation, I also don't like the raise. It is possible that this is the case here. If it is, I agree with you.

What gives weight to not raising is the fact that an expert player is in one of the blinds and he is fully aware that Mike is trying to isolate a weak player. That is not allowed when we have any kind of half decent hand as a blind.