Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: West Virginia
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3 0 0%
4 0 0%
5 0 0%
6 1 4.00%
7 1 4.00%
8 4 16.00%
9 10 40.00%
10 9 36.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Official SSSH LC/NC Thread for October!

I've timed out a few times recently (like over the last few days), which is strange because my cable connection is usually rock solid.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:14 PM

i quit my job yesterday. no I'm not going pro. that is all.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
meh, I call that pf. You have a neutral ev situation and its fun to suck out and win a bit pot. Only concern is that one of the limpers will fold, but players who limp in 6max usually do not fold for 2 more in a 5 way pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

What Heisenb3rg said. I don't think it's neutral. I'm convinced it's -EV, especially when it goes 3. If you run this hand indefinitely, this guy isn't making up 3 bets in the long run. This seems really simple to me. Maybe this should have been a serious thread. There is no point in check-raising this field either. They are going to call 2 cold in this pot no matter how the actions goes. And, technically this guy should realize that he isn't just calling one when I bet out on the flop. So, the bet is for value (since I'm trapping the field for 3 BETS!) with a good equity edge and because the rest should realize this pot is going to get reraised at least once (of course, none of that matters because they are going to call anyway, which is more of a reason to just bloat the pot when I'm ahead instead of trying to be tricky and protect my hand.) If I were really interested in protecting this hand I'd check the flop and then wait for the turn to raise (the strategically best play in this spot.)
Old 10-02-2007, 02:23 PM

put it this way. even if it is a -EV call, it is only marginally so, and the villain played fine after that. My guess is that a lot of people are responding to this because this guy played decent and you are railing against him like it is some lunatic play. A lot of hands getting posted in NC/LC (going back to last month) haven't really been bad beats, just standard drawing out. So even if the villain made a slightly marginally bad play, it really wasn't awful, and your rant was a little uncalled for.

but whateva, friday is my last day in this GD cubicle so all is good in my world.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
put it this way. even if it is a -EV call, it is only marginally so, and the villain played fine after that. My guess is that a lot of people are responding to this because this guy played decent and you are railing against him like it is some lunatic play. A lot of hands getting posted in NC/LC (going back to last month) haven't really been bad beats, just standard drawing out. So even if the villain made a slightly marginally bad play, it really wasn't awful, and your rant was a little uncalled for.

but whateva, friday is my last day in this GD cubicle so all is good in my world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Ya, in the land where every out is always good and you're going to make up huge implied odds every single time you hit, calling your gutshot on the flop when it's probably going 3 bets is for sure standard poker. Wasn't I staying out of this? Haha. I really don't think it's close to decent, but I'll agree to disagree with you guys.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i quit my job yesterday. no I'm not going pro. that is all.

[/ QUOTE ]

trip report please?
Old 10-02-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
meh, I call that pf cause I dont like money

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry, felt like doing a tribute to ILP

[/ QUOTE ]

ILP would probably tell me to wait for the turn here.
Old 10-02-2007, 02:34 PM

i just had the best day of the year for me holla

given that, it is kind of an embarrassingly low figure tho [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-02-2007, 02:35 PM

graphs/hands gogogo
Old 10-02-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i just had the best day of the year for me holla

given that, it is kind of an embarrassingly low figure tho [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

did you tool on that juice kid or was that separate?

funny thing is we had a "hu for rollz" conversation recently. at least I think that's him.
Closed Thread