Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: split bbv?
no 24 53.33%
yes 21 46.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2007, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Assani\'s NFL Wagering Thread

i keep checking this thread to see if you actually responded to my comments about a football game. but no, still just a few people bitching at each other relentlessly. stfu already with your personal bs
Old 09-20-2007, 07:04 PM

Ok, whatever you say. I have no interest in arguing.

Posting your results in a sports betting forum with no vig doesn't seem honest to me. I don't see anyone posting there rake-free results at HSNL or LLHE boards. Or anywhere else at 2p2.

And you get upset that someone doubted your honesty [understandable!] and then do the same thing to other people.

hed azplode.
Old 09-20-2007, 07:56 PM

You say you are 6-0. You have 3 picks posted that have outcomes, thus, you are 3-0. Those first 3 games shouldn't be counted, but then again, you're a douche.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, whatever you say. I have no interest in arguing.

Posting your results in a sports betting forum with no vig doesn't seem honest to me. I don't see anyone posting there rake-free results at HSNL or LLHE boards. Or anywhere else at 2p2.

And you get upset that someone doubted your honesty [understandable!] and then do the same thing to other people.

hed azplode.

[/ QUOTE ]

If someone was playing at WSEX or at a home game that took no rake, then would you have a problem with them posting their results without including the rake?

If not, then why do you fault me for not including the vig WHEN I WAS MAKING BETS WITH A PERSON THAT WAS NOT TAKING ANY VIG???

Edited to add: And I'm not throwing accusations around at all. The only thing remotely close I ever said is that ND doesn't seem to have a crystal clear past regarding honesty. Thats hardly anywhere close to the accusations you made of "this guy is a liar."
Old 09-20-2007, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You say you are 6-0. You have 3 picks posted that have outcomes, thus, you are 3-0. Those first 3 games shouldn't be counted, but then again, you're a douche.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf did I ever do to you to warrant the personal insults and attack?

I'm 6-0 on the year so far. I don't really care if you believe me or not. Why is everyone here so obsessed with having a good record? I jsut post my picks to generate good discussion...I don't really care if you guys think I'm a good sports bettor or not.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't really care if you guys think I'm a good sports bettor or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't really care if you guys think I'm a good sports bettor or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure whats funny, but its true. I want to win lots of money. I don't really care for recognition is this field.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:42 PM

I'm honestly not sure what to do with this thread. I think about locking it and giving some people some time off. Then I think maybe its better to get some stuff out in the open. I dunno.

Couple comments:

1) personal insults have to stop. Calling someone a douche or etc is still over the line for the tone of this forum

2) if you don't like this thread, I really don't know why you open it.

3) I have no problem with accountability or calling out people for shady behavior. I've been on both ends before. Sometimes it needs to be done. There's a big difference between that and letting the sins of the past die. I could really care less what Naj did years ago on another board. I definitely care if he or anyone else is fudging records. But then again, I wouldn't be following someone's picks without tracking their record myself anyways.

Everyone involved in all this [censored] needs to take some [censored] accountability over their actions. Own your own consequences in life.

Oh, and Assani one thing I agree with re: all the criticism -- you should never bring up a record for picks that can't be publicly documented in a timestamped fashion. The fact that you won your first three picks is entirely irrelevant if it can't be reliably proven. Leave them out of your record. More importantly, realize that not doing so is a mistake and learn from the criticism.

Same thing with rehashing the no-juice lines -- we all had this fight last year. there's really no reason to bring it up again.

-P
Old 09-20-2007, 08:56 PM

Performify, thanks for the reply. I would more than encourage you to ban every and all posters who ever resort to personal insults.

As for me listing my week 1 picks, let me explain to you my reasoning...The main reason I post here it to get better. I think that by posting all of my picks(including the unverifiable ones) it gives people more of a sample size to see my betting habits and perhaps my weaknesses and mistakes.

Let me give you an example:

Suppose someone came to the low stakes HE forum and wanted some help, so he posted a bunch of hand histories. Some of them were exact online hand histories with complete info. Some others he didn't copy and paste and he just was going by memory. He happened to be a winner over the ones in which he didn't have the exact hand histories. If he did this, do you really think people would say to him "Oh you're obviously lying about winning those hands since you didn't copy and paste the HHs" or do you think they'd just believe him and offer him their advice?

Why is this forum so much different? Why is everyone so obsessed with their record and showing off? If I went into any of the poker forums here and claimed to have won 3 hands, nobody would doubt me. Yet I come in here and claim to have won 3 picks and everyone gets all excited and attacks my character.

As for the no juice lines, I really don't see why you're faulting me for finding a better bet than you guys found(my friend offered me no juice lines). If 99% of all books have one team at -6.5 points and laying -110 juice, but you go out and find a great line that has -6 and only -105 juice then should you not be able to include that bet in your results? Isn't trying to find good lines one of the "skills" of sports betting? Why was I penalized for finding a guy willing to bet me with no juice?

I hate to continue to derail this thread, but I absolutely will not stand by and watch as people insult my personal character and my honesty. Performify, all I want to do is talk about football wagering in this thread. My recommendation is that any post in here discussing anything else should be deleted by you and the person be given a warning/suspension/ban.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:58 PM

Assani,

Typically, public records only use widely available lines. Anyone with half a brain can beat sports otherwise.