View Poll Results: split bbv?
no 24 53.33%
yes 21 46.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2007, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Assani\'s NFL Wagering Thread

[ QUOTE ]
PO,

Ah. I think its mainly misleading. Like I'm sure I could start a cricket betting thread and post some solid BSP logic, but I hope someone would say, "Dude, that awful. Stop." Then again meh...

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the problem I have... who gets to decide that someone's analysis amounts to Bar Stool Punditry?

You and Naj?

I consider Naj to be a complete square. There are guys on this forum making 20-30-40-FIFTY! football picks per week, and no one bothers them. Maybe they are winning cappers (probably not) - who knows? Should the "regulars" get to decide who gets shouted down?

It doesn't bother me that this guy posts picks. It doesn't even bother me that someone might decide to follow them.

I also don't have a problem with someone disagreeing with his picks, as long as they are not trying to shout him down. In other words, if he makes a pick and someone provides analysis which disagrees, that's fine. But to see Naj of all people (a square who clearly bets too many games based on BSP type logic, and then doctors his record) come in here and try to shut him down is too much.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:24 PM

Default This thread is a total waste of teh internetz

No wonder this board has so little traffic.

1) Poster A criticizes touts.
2) Tout B complains that anyone dare criticize him/his pix.
3) Poster C criticizes Poster A for criticizing Tout B
4) Postr D links to an unrelated board having nothing to do with OP/Tout picks or criticism
5) Poster E says Poster A is right.
6) Poster F says stop criticizing newb posters
7) Poster G starts I HAS LOCKS thread.
8) Poster H points out the hypocrisy of criticizing critical posts of other board members.
9) Poster I calls everyone a liar he/she doesn't like.

I don't think the grouping of NFL picks in one thread is the problem with this forum. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Go Lions. Play of the Week at -2.5!
Old 09-20-2007, 03:31 PM

Default Re: This thread is a total waste of teh internetz

[ QUOTE ]
Go Lions. Play of the Week at -2.5!

[/ QUOTE ]

But is it a LOCK?
Old 09-20-2007, 03:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But to see Naj of all people (a square who clearly bets too many games based on BSP type logic,

[/ QUOTE ]

Supposedly this guy has made Pick of the Year type threads in college basketball and football. Rather than you bash someone you think is bashing someone else for whatever reason, can you tell us if those picks -- I guess they are gonna be his 'best' picks -- were square or sharp?

Are you qualified to make that determination in those sports? I have no idea, as I'm relatively new here, I'm just asking. Are you qualified to determine solid sharp logic from BSP logic?

If Nate, and Thremp and Naj and MYTurn post 3 BSP picks, and 10 posters come and loudly disagree by saying how great the Saints are laying points on the road, that seems to qualify as a BSP pick. How do you determine if someone's post is a BSP pick on your own? I'd love to learn more about this stuff.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:39 PM

Bennett,

Listen to the logic they provide. If someone says "No team should ever lay 17pts!!!11" that is a square statement.

If Indy is laying 4 on the road and someone says "I am on the Colts, they are gonna win by at least 20" that is a square statement.

If someone decides to start using facts to support their picks and the best one they can come up with is "Jacksonville is 9-1 ATS coming off games where they rushed 50 yds or less" is a square statement.

Looking at sites like Covers or sites that list the %'ages of what the public is betting on is an easy way to see who the public are all over.

Two people can provide excellent, detailed reasoning on why one team is the good pick over another in the same game. When you see gallons of drivel on one team with no real backing, that is who you know is worth a damn in their opinion.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:52 PM

Thanks!
Old 09-20-2007, 03:57 PM

PO,

Of course I decide. But the most important reason why I don't rip on others is because I like them.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And apparently OP lied and used no-vig picks last year [according to like 5 other posters] and your buddies with him, so is it okay for him to do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Please stop spreading these lies, as they are simply untrue.

First off, I never ever lied about my record from last year. You can easily search my posts from last year by doing this:

Search: -re:
Username Search: Assani Fisher
Newer than: 13 months
Older than: 8 months

I am getting tired of people attacking my character. Again, I will take you through what happened last year:

-I was new to sports betting and I started keeping track of my results for fun. I wasn't really betting on the games, so there was no vig. I was clear about this.

-People got on my about this and said that I had to be actually betting on the games or to stop posting. A mod came in and told me to ignore them and what I was doing was fine. Nevertheless, I wasn't sure what to think and I didn't want everyone dismissing my picks, so I found a friend and started betting really small with him.

-That friend charged me no vig, so I didn't include them in my results. Everyone then jumped on me about this, so I calculated the vig myself...I did this to the best of my ability, and if you want to go back and check my work you'll see that I never ever tried to cheat in any way to make myself look better.

-That I lied about my record is completely bogus and bs. Go search my threads and find one time that I lied and I will leave this forum forever. Its simply not true. I posted my picks before every game went off(usually a good 3-4 days before) and this site does not let you edit after like 30 minutes, so theres no way for me to change anything....go look for yourself please.

You say "according to like 5 posters".....dude its more like according to 2 posters: Thremp and ND, and they clearly have a history of attacking other posters(and don't seem to have the most sparkling clear history of honesty themselves).

Edited to add: And Post Oak and I are not "buddies." I've never heard of him before now.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:09 PM

You said you are 6-0, with only 3 picks posted. That's lying.
Old 09-20-2007, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You said you are 6-0, with only 3 picks posted. That's lying.

[/ QUOTE ]

What did I lie about?

I am 6-0.

I have posted 3 of those picks.

I have not posted the other 3.

I said this from the very beginning in my OP.

Where are you seeing a lie?

Here let me help you out:

lie1 /laɪ/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[lahy] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, lied, ly·ing.
–noun 1. a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.

unverified
adjective
lacking proof or substantiation

Theres a difference between the two.