Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 09:19 AM

Default Re: What are your sleeping hours?

[ QUOTE ]
I swear I'm on a 25-26 hour day schedule.

I go to bed at 10 pm, wake up at 7 am.
Next day, I go to bed at 11 pm, wake up at 8 am.
This keeps going until I go to bed at 5-6 am and wake up around 1-2 pm ish and I get stuck there for a while.
Then I stay up all night/morning and force myself to get back to a regular sleep schedule and the cycle returns.

[/ QUOTE ]

This might not be the right forum (prove them wrong BBV) to have an in-depth discussion, but i've never believed humans followed a 24 hr cycle. I know I certainly never have, and if you live lifestyle like mine, [censored] it. Go to sleep when you're tired and wake up when you're not, and don't stress over what is natural and what isn't. I believe the majority of the world suffers from what can be classified as chronic sleep deprivation.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:46 AM

uh yeah naturally im like 5-6AM to like 2-4 PM.. but right now i've just kept staying up and up to get on a normal rotation... i went to bet at like 2:30PM yesterday, I woke up at 1:30 AM today... sooo ya
Old 06-28-2007, 10:03 AM

4 A.M. to noon or 1.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:09 AM

This week I've been to bed at about 2:00-2:45 am and waking up at 6:45 each day for work... god I can't wait for the weekend.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:33 AM

12am - 5:10am
Old 06-28-2007, 10:36 AM

3am > 3pm usually
Old 06-28-2007, 10:51 AM

Midnight to 6AM
Old 06-28-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This keeps going until I go to bed at 5-6 am and wake up around 1-2 pm ish and I get stuck there for a while.
Then I stay up all night/morning and force myself to get back to a regular sleep schedule and the cycle returns.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is insane. This is like exact crap I've been going thru for a year. I've wanted to get on a schedule where I wake up at 8 or 9 AM and work out before I start a big poker session, but for so long I've been so used to getting up at 2-4 PM so it's very tough to break the cycle. I just spent 30 hours awake so I could go to bed at 9 PM, but I only slept until 5 AM, now I'm hoping I can stay up until midnight and then wake at 8 AM. The only problem is, I can get up at 8 AMish for about 5 days, then I slowly creep back to old patterns until about 10 days after the experiment starts I'm getting up at 2 PM again.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:54 AM

10:30pm to 6AM
Old 06-28-2007, 10:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This might not be the right forum (prove them wrong BBV) to have an in-depth discussion, but i've never believed humans followed a 24 hr cycle. I know I certainly never have, and if you live lifestyle like mine, [censored] it. Go to sleep when you're tired and wake up when you're not, and don't stress over what is natural and what isn't. I believe the majority of the world suffers from what can be classified as chronic sleep deprivation.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem with the real world is they have to get up at a set time 5 days a week, so they're screwed even if our bodies were meant for 26 hour days. It would be an interesting case study for poker players b/c obviously we have more leeway and can get up when we want. Someone should try rotating sleeping times around only when they feel tired and not necessarily a set time every day and see if they feel better when they wake up.

Now my brother is a real interesting case. He works a job where he's working 3 days then 3 off, then back to work for 3 days, but one set of 3 days he will work from 4 PM until 4 AM, then the next set he will work from 4 AM to 4 PM. I'm not sure how/if he gets any decent sleep at all. He doesn't ever seem overly tired, but he usually sleeps for like 10-11 hours so he's prob wasting 3-4 hours in his bed b/c of bad sleep patterns.