Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 01:39 PM

Default Squeeze gone wrong?

The villain is running at 22/18/2.5 and seems to know what's he's doing. Although I have seen him make some pretty aggro moves in the past.

I really don't think he's got AK here, as he'd usually 3bet it pf, the same goes for pocket Queens. I doubt he plays 66 this fast. Does this look like he's making a move on me or should I just give up and move on?

Full Tilt Poker, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker Hand History Converter

BTN: $50
Hero (SB): $65.10
BB: $39.10
UTG: $76.10
MP: $49.25
CO: $65

Pre-Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
2 folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.75</font>, BTN calls $1.75, <font color="red">Hero raises to $8</font>, 2 folds, BTN calls $6.25

Flop: ($18.25) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $12</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $42 and is All-In</font>, Hero........
Old 11-12-2007, 01:42 PM

Default Re: Squeeze gone wrong?

if hes usually 4betting AK/QQ then the only hands you are behind are AA/KQ...i don tthink he plays KK this fast.

he knows he has to make alot of plays if he calls light. This is a call imo. his range is like 22-jj/AA/KQ/J10s
Old 11-12-2007, 02:13 PM

I'm not sure I'd rule out AK completely unless you have a very specific read backed by a lot of data.

That said, if he can make this play with {TT+,AQs+,AQo+} than you have enough equity to call, otherwise it's probably a fold. I don't think his range should include too many worse hands in a 3-bet pot unless there is some history to indicate it.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:24 PM

You said he's a smart TAG. Button call does not really narrow his range if he knows anything about position. I'm not surprised if he shows up w/ KJ or KT. IMO this does not really look like a bluff line because you have shown interest in the hand.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:26 PM

It's so marginal and any K crushes you. Agree 66 doesn't play this fast, so it's got to be a hand that can be out drawn.. I'm going to say KJs at the worest, AK definately possible and pass on the hand. I think best case this is a chop vs. AQ, or maybe JJ on tilt, but that's ultra rare.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You said he's a smart TAG. Button call does not really narrow his range if he knows anything about position.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit: nevermind. I can't read. Sorry.

So I thought at first villain was the CO not the BTN. I guess I should stop trying to work while I browse. I think I'd revise my range for him preflop to include more pocket pairs, although he really shouldn't be calling your large re-raise with small-mid pp for set value, but maybe he will anyway. He still shouldn't be calling such a large raise with easily dominated overcards like KJ though, so I'm not sure if I change my range for him much when he raises the flop, except perhaps to add a badly played 66, and maybe 99 (as a bluff). It's still marginally a call against {66,TT+,AQs+,AQo+} and still a fold if you think he doesn't turn underpairs into bluffs.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:35 PM

This is really not the sort of board that people like to make moves on in 3bet pots.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:38 PM

i think it's safe to dump it here w/o too much worry because the board is so dry. If he's smart, he wouldn't play JTs like this, as it has very little FE on this board that hits your range.