Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 05:34 AM

Default NL100 - Looking for spots to c/r turn w/ marginal hands.

Basically in general I'm having a tough time finding spots to c/r the turn w/ like overpairs and just non mosnter hands in general. ANd I feel like its a small leak that is contributing to me not really being able to extract the maximum.

Anyone care to shed some insight into the subject, I know its very broad, but maybe we can get some discussion going about something that isn't really talked about often.

What types of situations are you c/r'ing turns w/ marginal to strong strength hands looking to extract?

On a side note, is this a good spot?
Or should we just shove the turn here?

Both players are unkowns and I wasn't really paying attention to any hands they showed down [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

Hero (SB): $104.95
BB: $122.15
UTG: $44.60
UTG+1: $52.15
UTG+2: $107.25
MP1: $97.25
MP2: $64.60
CO: $170.30
BTN: $81.35

Pre-Flop: K K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
4 folds, MP2 calls $1, CO calls $1, BTN calls $1, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7</font>, BB calls $6, MP2 folds, CO calls $6, BTN calls $6

Flop: ($29) Q T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $20</font>, BB calls $20, CO calls $20, BTN folds

Turn: ($89) 6 (3 Players)
Hero checks,
Old 11-01-2007, 08:23 AM

Default Re: NL100 - Looking for spots to c/r turn w/ marginal hands.

I think if the pot were heads up, it would be a good place to check raise. You open raise, c-bet, the pots big and you want to get the rest in vs someone who will end up married to AQ. Check/raise fits the bill.

Here, you have less than a PSB behind. You might as well just stick it in. You don't want to let someone who just picked up a combo draw check behind.

Often, I look to use the turn c/r to punish people who have been floating my c-bets with air or weak top/second pair hands looking to take the pot away and not so much for maximum extraction. So I'm looking for situations where I'm going to have a full PSB left and don't mind being all in for the effective stack size. For example, I tend not to c/r when stacks are 120-130BB+. Once stack pass that boundary, you are hardly ever good when all the money gets in.