Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Health and Fitness
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2007, 09:12 AM

Default Need recommendation for mole/wart removal product

In trying to get fit and look good and show off my new body, I'd love to get rid of a few unsightly moles as well as a wart on my hand. Can anyone give me a recommendation where to get a good at home product?
Old 08-19-2007, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Need recommendation for mole/wart removal product

My nurse recommended itworkspaste (if they are benign). This is a cosmetic mole, wart, skin tag remover. It works really really good. I was scared to try something at home, but the doctor said it would cost over 500 bucks for them to remove them. And, without insurance for this, I thought the $69 bucks was much cheaper.
Old 08-19-2007, 01:35 PM

Wow still expensive. I've never heard of it. Where do you get it?

Plus, I've heard of removing warts, not moles. Isn't removing moles with a chemical going to be pretty much as painful and bloody as carving them off with a knife?
Old 08-19-2007, 01:50 PM

I had some plantar ones. Used the 10 dollar little patches. Worked out great. Mine had gotten kinda bad, since I ignored them for like 4-5 months. I tried to treat them previously but didn't stick with it. Oh well.

Atleast they weren't painful (part of the reason I ignored them).
Old 08-19-2007, 03:32 PM

I had one wart in my life and I just took some fingernail clippers and cut it out. it never came back
Old 08-19-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had one wart in my life and I just took some fingernail clippers and cut it out. it never came back

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I had a big one on my thumb and dug the root out with the tip of a knife. It then died/went away quickly.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. I had a big one on my thumb and dug the root out with the tip of a knife. It then died/went away quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I stabbed a wart on my knee with a rusty screwdriver until it got the picture and went away.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:07 PM

Warts are viruses - they don't have "roots." Some people are prone to having them in certain spots that won't go away. I have one on my left thumb that I've used an exacto knife on, had laser surgery on, froze it at a dermatologist with liquid nitrogen, and used an emery board on it. Nothing works.
Old 08-19-2007, 04:59 PM

Yeah I'll get them on the backs of my hands once in a while. I will dig them out and scrap away at them, and even pour alcohol on the wound. Eventually I've gotten rid of all of them.

But when people talk about mole removal products, I'm skeptical. Moles are just part of the skin. A wart you can start to peel up and you'll see they're a solid connected mass, apart from the skin. That's what people mean when they say warts have roots. But moles are usually just more skin, right? So if you cut them out, you get gouged out skin like you would if you cut out anywhere else, it would seem to me. Or if you freeze them, whatever. You still get a hole.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Warts are viruses - they don't have "roots." Some people are prone to having them in certain spots that won't go away. I have one on my left thumb that I've used an exacto knife on, had laser surgery on, froze it at a dermatologist with liquid nitrogen, and used an emery board on it. Nothing works.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then I had some weird f'n growth then because I pulled something out of there that really looked like a root.