Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2007, 03:57 AM

Default Why Do People Love Draws?

Background info: I have been playing very TAG and this guy really has no RESPECT for any reraises you might throw in his way. He loves his open ender's and will call off all of his chips, he did this earlier with the 1st hand below which I really didn't mind because he could have finished me off there not risking all of his chips, but then his 2nd call was annoying. He was a min betting donkey and would overbet the river if he had any decent hand. I just wanted the 2nd hand below to be shipped my way, I obviously dont mind his call, but I do mind it when he hits and its one of my ACES that HIT!

Poker Stars, $30 + $1.50 NL Hold'em Tournament, 10/20 Blinds, 2 Players

SB: 2,060
Hero (BB): 940

Pre-Flop: (30) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">SB raises to 40</font>, Hero calls 20

Flop: (80) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets 60</font>, Hero calls 60

Turn: (200) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">SB bets 80</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to 840 and is All-In</font>, SB calls 760

River: (1,880) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 1,880 Pot
SB showed J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a pair of Eights) and LOST (-940 NET)
Hero showed Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Queens and Eights) and WON 1,880 (+940 NET)

Poker Stars, $30 + $1.50 NL Hold'em Tournament, 25/50 Blinds, 2 Players

BB: 1,565
Hero (SB): 1,435

Pre-Flop: (75) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (SB)
Hero calls 25, <font color="red">BB raises to 100</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to 250</font>, BB calls 150

Flop: (500) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets 100</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to 1,185 and is All-In</font>, BB calls 1,085

Turn: (2,870) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: (2,870) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: 2,870 Pot
BB showed 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a straight, Ace to Five) and WON 2,870 (+1,435 NET)
Hero showed A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Aces) and LOST (-1,435 NET)

All I want is some reassurance that this is not an optimal profitable play, I know the answer but I just want to hear it from the experts. I maybe am folding open enders when I should be calling all in's, because 8 outs do hit 50%+.

Sorry ya'll just venting.