View Poll Results: Who is hotter?
Charlize Theron 160 42.11%
Ana Beatriz Barros 220 57.89%
Voters: 380. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-31-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sillysal, so you're saying that you approve of the way FTP has conducted this investigation?

I fully believe that you will be exonerated if you really did nothing wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

what rock did you crawl out from under??????? ARE YOU INSANE!!!!OF COURSE IM NOT HAPPY WITH THE WAY THIS INVESTIGATION HAS GONE. There is NO EXCUSE for the amount of time and lack of information I was given. This whole thing has been absured and I find your post's to be absurd. Are you a FTP employee or something or do you just like to hear yourself talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

gee i wonder where i got it from.. oh wait whats this

"If that turns out to be the case I will acknowledge FTP securtiy deparment was dilgent in finding illegal activity that damages all of us involved with online gaming. "

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does she say she'd be happy with how the investigation has gone? Saying they were "diligent" does not mean that they should not have improved their communication and that they should not have conducted the investigation more quickly.

All sillysal is saying is that she will acknowledge the fact that there may have been a valid reason for the investigation in the first place -- but she won't be endorsing how the investigation was conducted.

Of course, FTP won't bother informing her of the results of their investigation, they'll just suddenly tell her that her funds are either being seized or are being released to her. They won't bother trying to justify to her why they felt the need to hold her $47K hostage for 3+ weeks.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, let's back up a minute. Did turtle82 really think that people who are being held for rape don't get to know what they're being held for?

I just want to know what kind of a retard we're dealing with here.

[/ QUOTE ]

wait lets back up a minute, you're an idiot.

I never said people who are arrested for rape don't know what they are being charged for, I said that they dont get to know all the details of the investigation. Guess you can't read either.

"When you were arrested for rape, did they put you in jail and update you on a regular basis while they investigated and give you all the details and facts and evidence? "
Old 10-31-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sillysal, so you're saying that you approve of the way FTP has conducted this investigation?

I fully believe that you will be exonerated if you really did nothing wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

what rock did you crawl out from under??????? ARE YOU INSANE!!!!OF COURSE IM NOT HAPPY WITH THE WAY THIS INVESTIGATION HAS GONE. There is NO EXCUSE for the amount of time and lack of information I was given. This whole thing has been absured and I find your post's to be absurd. Are you a FTP employee or something or do you just like to hear yourself talk.

[/ QUOTE ]

gee i wonder where i got it from.. oh wait whats this

"If that turns out to be the case I will acknowledge FTP securtiy deparment was dilgent in finding illegal activity that damages all of us involved with online gaming. "

[/ QUOTE ]

Where does she say she'd be happy with how the investigation has gone? Saying they were "diligent" does not mean that they should not have improved their communication and that they should not have conducted the investigation more quickly.

All sillysal is saying is that she will acknowledge the fact that there may have been a valid reason for the investigation in the first place -- but she won't be endorsing how the investigation was conducted.

Of course, FTP won't bother informing her of the results of their investigation, they'll just suddenly tell her that her funds are either being seized or are being released to her. They won't bother trying to justify to her why they felt the need to hold her $47K hostage for 3+ weeks.

[/ QUOTE ]

diligent

adjective

characterized by care and perseverance in carrying out tasks; "a diligent detective investigates all clues"; "a diligent search of the files"

If their investigation was "characterized by care and preserverence in carrying out tasks" , how can you she not approve?

Also, sillysal stated that she would endorse them as diligent, IF everything turned out okay. I thought the ends don't justify the means?
Old 10-31-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. You are a great advocate. FTP should hire you to represent them. "I don't know why they seized the money your Honor, but they had a good reason. I just know it. Besides, its only 47K. "

[/ QUOTE ]

lol .. thats all you could come up with? please rebuy
Old 10-31-2007, 06:27 PM

Turtle, you don't really understand how FTP operates if you think it's akin to our judicial process.

FTP releases the accused no information throughout the investigation, not even the charge.

Then, after many weeks have passed, FTP's final judgment is issued. If guilty, you have no recourse for appeal. FTP's decision is final, right or wrong. Throughout the whole process, the accused is never given a chance to defend themselves, never.

So how can anyone who is innocent and knows it feel good about this process?
Old 10-31-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I never said people who are arrested for rape don't know what they are being charged for, I said that they dont get to know all the details of the investigation.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sillysal is not requesting to be given the full "details of the investigation."

Sillysal is asking to be told what he is accused of doing. This is not unreasonable.

Although, down the track, after the investigation is complete, the accused criminal in Western jurisdictions is given access to the evidence against them. That's a fairly basic part of our justice systems.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turtle, you don't really understand how FTP operates if you think it's akin to our judicial process.

FTP releases the accused no information throughout the investigation, not even the charge.

Then, after many weeks have passed, FTP's final judgment is issued. If guilty, you have no recourse for appeal. FTP's decision is final, right or wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

in our judicial system, if you are found guilty, is the court's ruling not final? Of course you can appeal, just as you can to FTP, but thats not going to get you anywhere.

[ QUOTE ]

So how can anyone who is innocent and knows it feel good about this process?

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand your points, but what i'm trying to say is.. even if the person is innocent, FTP cannot know that until they have finished the investigation. So releasing information to the parties involved would , as FTP Sean put it, "If we disclose details of a case before it is complete, we may be jeopardizing future progress or developments in the case".

Also
Old 10-31-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in our judicial system, if you are found guilty, is the court's ruling not final? Of course you can appeal, just as you can to FTP, but thats not going to get you anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

God almighty...
Old 10-31-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sillysal is not requesting to be given the full "details of the investigation."

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that, I never said silly sal was requesting it, other posters did.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Sillysal is asking to be told what he is accused of doing. This is not unreasonable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it is, and it isn't. If 5 players were suspected something illegal like chip dumping or CC fraud, I don't feel it would be in the best interest of the investigation if FTP were to tell them what they're being investigated for. That might give them information that they could use to collaborate, and would jeopardize future progress or developments in the case.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
in our judicial system, if you are found guilty, is the court's ruling not final? Of course you can appeal, just as you can to FTP, but thats not going to get you anywhere.[ QUOTE ]

Our court system: You can appeal from independent court to independent court, and in some countries (eg, US, Indonesia) the head of state can grant a pardon.

FTP: No appeal.

[ QUOTE ]
even if the person is innocent, FTP cannot know that until they have finished the investigation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, no. In the process of an investigation, it's very routine to exclude some suspects.

It's just offensive to suggest that someone should be under suspicion until the end of the investigation if the investigation can clear them earlier.

[ QUOTE ]
So releasing information to the parties involved would , as FTP Sean put it, "If we disclose details of a case before it is complete, we may be jeopardizing future progress or developments in the case".

[/ QUOTE ]
Concrete rules like this need to be considered with common sense.