Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2007, 01:58 PM

Default Ethical: Valuism?

I find racism a pretty dry subject to discuss. I know it can get heated at times but when I try to break it down. I find that it is a rather simple survival mechinism. To help promote the survial of genes similiar to your own. Of course I find all the my race is the best race rather biased, and hateful. This post isn't about racism but about valuism, which I define as a survial mechinism to help promote genes and ideas that you value. I'm curious if valuism is ethical, if racism isn't? If people don't hold the same values as me, is it ok to discrimate against that person? I am thinking as valuism as a slightly more evolved racism. And I'm not sure that I can be OK with one and not the other. If I value intelligence, I would give people I consider intelligent special treatment. If i value human life, I would give people that also value human life special treatment. When I value people who think for themselves, I'd be more willing to help out a person that thinks for themself. I may in fact belittle, think less of, feel sorry for someone that doesn't think for themself. I am a valuist? Do you feel that being a valuist is a positive trait or a negative trait?