Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 11-20-2007, 05:12 PM

Default Re: 10/20 deep stacked live

[ QUOTE ]
flop bet was wrong. either bet small to set up the re-raise or bet big to set up the fold. as played min re-raise. i like the small bet re-raise line better youre opponent sees set. there are few instances where you want to set up your opponet to do something that makes your response a call. also buy in for less or switch tables and go south if youre not ready to play a deep stack against the lineup youre currently against.

[/ QUOTE ]

What?
Old 11-20-2007, 09:44 PM

what if turn brings a blank...is raising his psb all in standard here?
Old 11-20-2007, 09:48 PM

So many donkeys at Commerce, it's unreal, i wouldn't be surprise at all if he show you a bluff.

But if he show you an overpair or a set, well feel good about yourself i guess lol.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:52 PM

i am pretty comfortable playing deep stacked poker...i have been playing 5/10 NL no max in bycicle regularly. I think my flop bet was ok, and of course my intention of that bet was to figure out where was I in the hand. I was having trouble putting him on a hand...because it folds to him...no limper before him, so I figured he would raise any PPs in that position. I did not put him on a set. I do not think he hit his flush because he bet so much on the turn. (he has the tendency to bet small to keep people in with his monster, but the sample i have is too small) I could have a flush too(?)...I dont know...if I call that turn bet, i am pretty sure he would shove any river.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

flop bet was wrong. either bet small to set up the re-raise or bet big to set up the fold. as played min re-raise. i like the small bet re-raise line better youre opponent sees set. there are few instances where you want to set up your opponet to do something that makes your response a call. also buy in for less or switch tables and go south if youre not ready to play a deep stack against the lineup youre currently against.

[/ QUOTE ]

On flop pot was like $230 right? How small should we bet in to that pot with TPTK? Or how much do we bet in to that pot when we want to "bet big" as you put it?

If we min-reraise the flop and he calls the additional $400 then he bets the same $1500 on the turn when the club falls, how does our min-reraise help us?
Old 11-21-2007, 12:07 AM

hmmm prolly a good fold but its close.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:46 PM

I mean, you don't really give a read on villain at all besides the fact that he appears to be a huge station
Old 11-22-2007, 10:03 AM

i doubt the guy showed him QQ and he is still thinking about the hand 2 weeks later. i think the way you played it was fine, although im curious what others think about pushing a blank turn.
Old 11-22-2007, 03:57 PM

HI...
Is this about time to give the results (...?)
after i folded my hand before thinking about 2 minutes, villain tabled his hand: AJo no club. He then proceeded to talk about how he should've slow play his 'monster' so I can bluff my whole stack away(i am not certain if he was serious though, but he didn't say it jokingly neither). I then went on a mild tilt and quickly left the table. Anyways...thanks for the discussion!!!!!