Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: do you think this internet bill will be effective?
yes 32 29.09%
no 51 46.36%
maybe but not sure 27 24.55%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2007, 09:35 PM

Default Re: *****The Official 2007 J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS THREAD******

[ QUOTE ]
Could someone please explain to me, in language you may use for a small child, why Clemons is suddenly a much, much, much better option to start at Quaterback than a winning veteran like Pennington who has led average Jets teams to unlikely winning seasons and playoff appearances in the past? What have you all seen in Clemons that makes you so anxious to get him in and trade off or cut Pennington?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you can say that Pennington is "the better QB at the moment", but that doesn't matter anymore. Would you rather go 5-11 with Pennington or 4-12 with Clemens? The fact is that he has played terrible against mediocre teams and IS NOT the Chad we know from 2002. When you can't win against the Buffalo Bills who were missing 4 starters on defense and at the time had statistically the worst defense in the NFL, it's time for a new spark in the offense. And it might as well be the guy who was drafted as our next possible franchise QB.

It's funny how Mangini said in training camp (or something to this effect): "The QB competition is open and you must perform to have the job." Bottom line, while it's nice that Mangini is sticking to his guy, Chad hasn't been performing, and even though I like the guy, enough is enough and a change must be made.

If we lose to the Bungles, I am sure KC will be in there.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:01 PM

Would you stop with this already? At some point, KC will play. Wasting your time talking about it week to week is silly. It will happen prob within the next 3-4 games.
Old 10-17-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Would you stop with this already? At some point, KC will play. Wasting your time talking about it week to week is silly. It will happen prob within the next 3-4 games.

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy I quoted asked "Would someone explain to me..."
And I did my best to explain it. You need to chill out.

There are still some people who are unconvinced. And quoting you from a couple of weeks back: "Real Jets fans want Chad"

Right?
Old 10-18-2007, 09:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]

There are still some people who are unconvinced. And quoting you from a couple of weeks back: "Real Jets fans want Chad"

Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all that was a sign in the stadium during the game. Second of all, and what you don't seem to grasp, is that there's a huge [censored] difference between two weeks ago and now. Jesus christ man. I've said this a number of times but you still don't seem to get it.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:20 AM

ugh, i can't believe the season is already 'over', so deflating...

brett is right, an absolute ton has changed in the last couple of weeks, like any realistic hope of making the playoffs...obviously the focus has to change and the team has to look towards the future despite that not being popular for a lot of fans and especially ticketholders
Old 10-18-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Could someone please explain to me, in language you may use for a small child, why Clemons is suddenly a much, much, much better option to start at Quaterback than a winning veteran like Pennington who has led average Jets teams to unlikely winning seasons and playoff appearances in the past? What have you all seen in Clemons that makes you so anxious to get him in and trade off or cut Pennington?

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you can say that Pennington is "the better QB at the moment", but that doesn't matter anymore. Would you rather go 5-11 with Pennington or 4-12 with Clemens? The fact is that he has played terrible against mediocre teams and IS NOT the Chad we know from 2002. When you can't win against the Buffalo Bills who were missing 4 starters on defense and at the time had statistically the worst defense in the NFL, it's time for a new spark in the offense. And it might as well be the guy who was drafted as our next possible franchise QB.

It's funny how Mangini said in training camp (or something to this effect): "The QB competition is open and you must perform to have the job." Bottom line, while it's nice that Mangini is sticking to his guy, Chad hasn't been performing, and even though I like the guy, enough is enough and a change must be made.

If we lose to the Bungles, I am sure KC will be in there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I have a huge amount of time for Pennington (like I did Testraverde). I have always felt that he was mentally tough; capable of making the clutch plays; and always found ways to maximise his potential despite the lack of top class athletic abillity. Additionally, he comes across as a very humble and determined character in interview - and never shies away from critiscism or responsibillty when the team isn't winning. If we are approaching the end of his tenure I think it is a bad thing. You are left wondering how different it would have been if he could have avoided those injuries. And maybe the fact that he came back from the second one to get to the playoffs last year is a testament to the type of personallity he is. Oh well. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

And finally, he owes the Jet's exactly [censored] all. He has given GREAT service.
Old 10-18-2007, 12:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all that was a sign in the stadium during the game. Second of all, and what you don't seem to grasp, is that there's a huge [censored] difference between two weeks ago and now. Jesus christ man. I've said this a number of times but you still don't seem to get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I do get it and I know you've told me countless times, I'm just being a dick and it's pretty obvious that the statement I said was in jest.

I'm just trying to answer the guy's question so before you throw a turd at me you should check the statement I quoted.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:31 PM

i love how every single thread in 2+2 has multiple fights/arguments in it
Old 10-18-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i love how every single thread in 2+2 has multiple fights/arguments in it

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL I can admit that me calling for Chad's head in Week 3 was kind of ridiculous, but so was other claims in this thread, like Chad is the 7th best QB in the league (forgot who said it but look back) and that this team could go deep in the playoffs.

When people say things like these, there will definitely be debates. Calling other people "idiots" is part of a poker player's nature.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Calling other people "idiots" is part of a poker player's nature.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha...so very very true...

as for the claims about chad, would you say he was top 7 pre-rotator cuff injury? he was doing so well in 2004 before the injury