Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 05:39 AM

Default Re: I hereby declare for the NBA Draft

Wow Bilas does not know any idea what he's talking about. Chris Paul is probably one of the top PGs behind Kidd and Nash (YES IN THAT ORDER). I'd also have Chauncey before I'd take Paul. But I'd take CP before Parker or Deron. Agree?
Old 04-25-2007, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow Bilas does not know any idea what he's talking about. Chris Paul is probably one of the top PGs behind Kidd and Nash (YES IN THAT ORDER) . I'd also have Chauncey before I'd take Paul. But I'd take CP before Parker or Deron. Agree?

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...id love to hear ur reasoning behind this
Old 04-25-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is Bilas view of Conley on ESPN. Seems crazy too me.

Conley is the real deal, and I believe he is in the same class as Deron Williams and Chris Paul in 2005. In fact, if you put Conley in that same draft, picking the best of the three would be a very difficult choice. If Conley improves his perimeter shot and makes it more reliable, he is as good a prospect as Paul, maybe better. Conley has great presence, maturity and decision-making skills. And, most important, he wins games. With Oden leaving and his own value being so high, Conley is in a good position in this year's draft, and should be the first guard taken. The toughest positions for NBA teams to fill are point guard and true center, and Ohio State offers up the best in both categories in this year's draft. Conley is making a good decision in coming out now

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, as opposed to all the top prospects that are coming from losing NCAA programs?
Old 04-25-2007, 01:33 PM

Most of you guys are underrating Conley. He doesn't have a jumper, but his decision-making is nearly flawless.

I heard somewhere (can't remember where) that Cook is leaving because he doesn't get along with Matta. If that's true, it seems like transferring would be the better option, because the potential is there for his draft stock to go way, way up with a few more years of experience.

-McGee
Old 04-25-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of you guys are underrating Conley. He doesn't have a jumper, but his decision-making is nearly flawless.

I heard somewhere (can't remember where) that Cook is leaving because he doesn't get along with Matta. If that's true, it seems like transferring would be the better option, because the potential is there for his draft stock to go way, way up with a few more years of experience.

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Conley is good but I wouldn't compare him to Paul just yet. I prefer junior PGs rather than Freshman PGs. I know Conley will probally never have a higher draft spot then he does now but I'd rather have a more experienced PG from College. He's good, but I'm not sure how well he'll do in the NBA without a shot. I think he's a good passer but not a great passer. If your not a great passer in the NBA, you better have a shot.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-McGee

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Conley is good but I wouldn't compare him to Paul just yet. I prefer junior PGs rather than Freshman PGs. I know Conley will probally never have a higher draft spot then he does now but I'd rather have a more experienced PG from College. He's good, but I'm not sure how well he'll do in the NBA without a shot. I think he's a good passer but not a great passer. If your not a great passer in the NBA, you better have a shot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll concede that Bilas went a bit overboard, but I can't say I agree that he is a good-but-not-great passer. He was fourth in the country in assists and had an assist to turnover ratio of 2.77 to 1. He's not a flashy passer, but as I said, his decision-making is outstanding and his execution is always there. There's more to being a great passer -- and great point guard -- then throwing behind-the-back and no-look passes all over the place.

-McGee
Old 04-25-2007, 03:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wow Bilas does not know any idea what he's talking about. Chris Paul is probably one of the top PGs behind Kidd and Nash (YES IN THAT ORDER) .

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...id love to hear ur reasoning behind this

[/ QUOTE ]

Kidd is a better rebounder (Nash has never avereged more than 4.2 per game, while Kidd's career avg is 6.7). And Kidd turns the ball over less (Nash has 3+ TOs per game each of the last 3 seasons).

Obviously, Nash is a MUCH better shooter. Since he joined the Suns, he's shot over 50% each year and over 43% from the arc. Kidd has been hovering around 40% each year, at about 35% from the arc.

Interestingly enough, Kidd attempts many more 3 pointers than Nash. This season, Nash was 156 for 343 (45%). Kidd was 124 for 361 (34%).

If you're a PER guy, Nash has been 22.04, 23.29, and 23.87 the last three seasons. Kidd has been 19.56, 19.20, and 19.47.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And Kidd turns the ball over less (Nash has 3+ TOs per game each of the last 3 seasons)

[/ QUOTE ]
This is such a flawed statement it's not even funny. There's a reason nobody looks at per game averages very seriously anymore when evaluating players.