Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Pocket kings

Thanks for the advice cracker.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
oh goodie, another spot for the dog:

also, just2fast, i think you should petition for a name change to just2slow. nice turn and river play with the nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, Thats what I meant about harsh advice. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyway, dont post results, so that other posters' advice wont become biased by knowing them.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the advice cracker.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm here to help.

(edit: context)
Old 09-11-2007, 03:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's the rest of the hand. My question has been answered. I wimped big time. I tried to check raise the turn but that didn't work out and then I went into conservation mode on the river for some reason. I'd only seen him on the river with a pair of queens and AQ suited but I still felt I had him beat on this hand. Just scared to put the money in the pot.

Flop: (11.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, Button calls.

Turn: (8.70 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (8.70 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, CO folds.

Final Pot: 10.70 BB

Results in white below: Hero has Kh Kd (one pair, kings).
Button has Ks Ad (high card, ace).
Outcome: Hero wins 10.70 BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's been awhile since I saw a hand that was misplayed every street. (EDIT: OK still awhile since the flop is all right as played)

Seriously, read the digests, stick around for awhile, and learn.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:01 PM

I raised preflop to limit the players. I attempted to check raise the flop and turn. Scared call on river.

Should I have slow played KK preflop? That's about the only money I got into the pot. Is CR a bad idea in micro's.

I see that cracker is harsh but the questions he asked will help me out. I haven't been planning my hands.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I raised preflop to limit the players. I attempted to check raise the flop and turn. Scared call on river.

Should I have slow played KK preflop? That's about the only money I got into the pot. Is CR a bad idea in micro's.

I see that cracker is harsh but the questions he asked will help me out. I haven't been planning my hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

You were unlikely to be able to check raise the turn, after you had successfully check raised the flop. So, you would have been better off to lead the turn.

Capping preflop would have got just as much money in the pot as check raising the flop. However, if for some reason your opponent had not bet the flop and it had been checked through, there would have been less money in the pot.

Check raising does have its place, but it was not appropriate in this hand.

Oh and dont slowplay AA or KK preflop. You will make more by just playing straight forward and raising with them.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:44 PM

Thanks Fantam...
Back to the books.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:25 PM

First thing, get Ed Miller's book on Small Stakes Hold 'Em. Read it, know it, love it.

(Any truth to the rumor that Ed doesn't post here lately because after Queer Eye he's turned to cooking and is writing a new book "Small Steaks and Hold the Mayo"?)

PF: Cap with KK, every time, every limit, every site.

Flop: Check Raise the Flop is a great line.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:31 PM

this is a must cap pf. if we did this we lead out on the flop.

but the way it played out i like a c/r on the flop and then if he 3bets i might wait to raise a turn. of course if i get 3-bet on the turn im calling down
Old 09-11-2007, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First thing, get Ed Miller's book on Small Stakes Hold 'Em. Read it, know it, love it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on your post, Just, I would actually recommend starting with "Getting started in Hold 'Em" by Ed Miller