Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 08:33 PM

Default 30k VPP to Supernova

Hello people,

I play 25NL on Stars for the most part, sometimes higher, sometimes lower. Platinum about half of my months, but overall I average about 7000 VPP per month. 70K VPP so far. Couple questions.

In your opinion, is it worth it to try to get in the last 30k and reach Nova? I mean, I know the facts about nova vs. platinum, but is it really that big a difference to those who have reached it? I mean, it's not like Stars is going to send me a hot mail-order Russian bride or anything. If I don't change my playing behavior till the end of the year, I should finish somewhere around 85k VPP...

If I SHOULD go for it, is shortstacking and 24-tabling 100NL the best way, or should I keep 24-tabling 25NL? Can win at both, but the variance at 100NL is naturally higher and winning at 25NL naturally much easier. I know what you're thinking--a supernova 25NLer. Freak! Still, appreciate any feedback.
Old 11-10-2007, 02:03 AM

Default Re: 30k VPP to Supernova

how the [censored] do you play 24 tables
Old 11-10-2007, 02:52 AM

With a hooker on each knee.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:26 AM

instead of learning to play 24 tables...maybe you should learn how to play poker?
Old 11-10-2007, 05:39 AM

Let's make a deal. I'll learn how to play poker when you learn how to reply to a basic question. Deal?

Your post was as logical or applicable to the topic as a monkey humping a doorknob. Congrats on your devolution.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:21 AM

You could just move up to 50NL.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:37 AM

I play 50NL as well. I'm just torn between shortstacking 100NL or fullstacking 25NL because they seem like the best ways for a microlimit player to amass VPPs... Trying to think of the ways I could do it with as little thought/effort as possible.
Old 11-10-2007, 06:43 AM

we dont know how well you play, how big your bankroll is, how risk averse you are, or how meaningful the boost in benefits would be to you relative to your table earnings.

how do you expect anyone to answer it?
Old 11-10-2007, 06:49 AM

In English, hopefully.

Those who have reached nova could say, for example, that they didn't really notice much difference over platinum. Or they could let me know that the added freerolls or the ability to buy some supercool nova-only item in the FPP store made the whole thing worthwhile, or the added FPPs really did seem to surprise them. Or maybe they might say that they've been in a similar spot in the past and they committed the time over the last six weeks of the year to achieve nova only to find out that the bonus really wasn't worth the effort . . . but that if I wanted to go after it anyway, they'd recommend shortstacking 100NL if I've got a bankroll of X or higher (to handle the variance). Frankly, I don't know what such people might say. That's why I'm asking the question, you see.

They could even tell me that you can get a Russian mail-order bride throught he concierge service, and that they come in three types: Natasha, Svetlana, and Liliya. Anything to help me make a more informed decision.

I didn't think the questions were as confusing as they're turning out to be. But if you want all of the info that you seemed to think was necessary to give a decent response, such as an in depth analysis of my mind's reaction to varying degrees of risk, I'll hire a psychiatrist to analyze me and get back to you with a report in a week or so. Cool?
Old 11-10-2007, 10:58 AM

A,

I'll try to answer your question. Is it worth it to try to amass 30K points before the year is up?

It depends. How much are you planning on playing during the first 5 months of next year? You keep your SN for a full 5 months, the extra multiplier is worth about $1,000 - $1,500 if you can get up to 100K VPP's by the end of May next year.

The free rolls are probably worth $25-50 bucks a week, nothing to sneeze at the lower level.
Being able to purchase $1500 bonus certificates for 100K fpps versus $625 for 50K fpps, are worth about 500 hundred dollars for now.

If you can not keep 10K per month next year then you will loose your SN status by the end of Feb, and its probably not worth killing yourself now.

To get the 30K by the end of the year with 51 days left. Figure you only have 42 days you will actually play poker factoring in for some time off and the holidays. That is over 700 VPP's per day you will need for each day of poker.

At 25 NL its about 5100 hands per day.
At 50 NL its about 3000 hands per day.
At 100NL its about 1800 hands per day.

5100 hands per day is very difficult, if you have school / work, even with 24 tables. It probably makes your $2500 premium worth less than $10 buck per hour, as it will take 250-300 hours to attain. I hope you can do better than break even poker if you take this route.
YMMV

Good luck

Dennisa

Hope this helps.