Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 12:31 AM

Default Re: 2007 SEC Football Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone interested in a SEC basketball thread? Rebuilding for a lot of teams out there but UT is obviously good. I think Arky is overrated. Other than that, totally unsure what is going to happen.

Gators look miles ahead of where most freshman have been in the program before. The freshman class is sick.

[/ QUOTE ]
Vandy is playing with a competent big man (Ogilvy, highly rated recruit) for the first time in god knows how long. As someone who's had season tickets for a few years, it's almost unbelievable how different they've been to watch in their first two games. Vandy's biggest problem is how young they are: if their starters are off the floor, it's practically only freshman out there.

Hopefully Ogilvy sticks around for a couple years. Some places are already projecting him as a first round draft pick after this season.
Old 11-12-2007, 12:32 AM

My Vols are Final Four contenders, and if Brian Williams plays all season like he's shown so far, we have a real chance at a title.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's amazing to read all the LSU hate here.

Does anyone even realize how good you have to be to play like complete dog [censored] for one half of every game against top 25 teams and still come out a winner. Of course, except for Kentucky.

They've been a second half team since trailing at half time to Tulane. The only exception was this week against Bama, they played in the first and fourth quarters.

If they play a complete game they blow any team in the country out of the stadium.

Continue the hate now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think anyone on this board has doubted their talent one bit. You aren't going to win many championships with inconsistently performing top talent. Last year LSU was arguably the most talented team in the country, and they ended up with 2 losses. They are extremely lucky they aren't in the same boat this year.

[/ QUOTE ]

yep...as TomCollins has kind of pointed out, I don't think you'll find anyone who thinks more of LSU's talent and potential than I do. Hell, I still think they were the 'best' team last year and I still think they are the 'best' team this year. I'm also very partial to LSU as I fell in love when I visited the place and saw how truly passionate the fans are. Plus, I almost adopted the team when I almost moved to New Orleans. However, they are not 'deserving' of a national title shot right now. Ohio State, Kansas, and Oregon all are more deserving. A few might be close to as deserving. LSU still has time to change my mind, but, at a certain point, it shouldn't take all those close wins.
LSU is trying to mimic Ohio State 2002. Well, that team was much less talented and did not lose during the regular season (although they did tie if there wasn't a complete [censored] call at Champaign).

The only argument for LSU in the title game is their 'potential' and opinion that they are the 'best' team. Might as well scrape everything earned on the field.

oops..second argument is the SEC is so good that their champ deserves to play for the national title every year.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'll say again that I agree with all your points. My only other comment is when does how you win matter versue the fact that you've beat mutiple top 25 teams, several of them in a row actually, matter.

The whole point of the BCS (imperfect I know) was to get away from "style" points determining who played in the championship game.

Also, let me point out that I believe that Kansas should be the #1 team in the country. And if they win out...sorry for Oregon but they absolutley deserve a shot at LSU and the title.
Old 11-12-2007, 02:43 PM

Eight experts (or "experts") talk about their opinions/rankings of the BCS conferences for 2007.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ngs/index.html

All 8 pick the SEC as the #1 conference.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:02 PM

It should be "Sorry for LSU, but Kansas deserves a shot at Oregon."
Old 11-12-2007, 03:14 PM

SEC is the best, the depth of the SEC is just insane, but some of you other SEC teams need to get your [censored] together & schedule some OOC games and it wouldn't even be disputable.

lol, imagine if FSU & Miami are any good and Hawaii has Colt Brenan back, those are the 3 teams UF has OOC next year.

Would probably be the hardest schedule ever if we didn't get Auburn off the schedule(if those teams were good still).

Fortunately for the Gators, it should shape up to be easier than this year.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:19 PM

TFG: I think UF will be scary good next year. This year our year. Your year is next year.

2009... that is up in the air. I predict LSU and UF will have the best offenses in CFB that year -- #1 and #2. I'm not sure who will be first, but both will have SICK talent.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:26 PM

The real question comes down to when will the other conferences start a playoff so we can see who the 13th best team in the nation is?
Old 11-12-2007, 03:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TFG: I think UF will be scary good next year. This year our year. Your year is next year.

2009... that is up in the air. I predict LSU and UF will have the best offenses in CFB that year -- #1 and #2. I'm not sure who will be first, but both will have SICK talent.

[/ QUOTE ]

LSU has sick talent this year. They don't need more of that. What they need is a coach. Lloyd Carr PLEASE DO NOT "retire"!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 04:22 PM

Tebow for president....

what a [censored] beast