9 1 33.33%
10 0 0%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Re: **Fantasy Basketball Advice Thread**

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

One thing I would say to everyone is that very few players end up staying on a team for more than 2 and certainly 3 years. Thinking "oh, I'll have Howard til he's 34" sounds great on paper, but in reality isn't at all likely. You may not keep him til he's 24.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain the reasoning behind this please. Why wouldn't you just keep the young guys forever?

[/ QUOTE ]

See my comments in the league email discussion today. I addressed this exact issue at length.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, just checked the league message board....see it now. I'm still not sure I agree completely, but obv you have the experience and I don't.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:25 PM

Alright so now i am at...

Felton
Wade
Tmac
LBJ
Prince
J.O.
Lee
Yao
Bogut
Shaq

What categories or players should i be targeting? I have a bunch of picks coming up due to trades.

Players i have thought about targeting...

Mobley
Walton
Qrich
Dunleavy
Villaneuva
Conley Jr.
Thorton
Old 10-15-2007, 09:44 PM

wtf, small league? nice team if not. league settings?
Old 10-15-2007, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its just this whacky email programs you guys are using that I don't seem to understand...I never knew that we'd have to be doing that, and I still don't see why its a necessity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, things like league spreadsheets with positions come via email, as do people's trade offers and trade discussions (and explanations of things like why players get traded more than one might think at first).

In all seriousness, this shtick is seriously irritating people who are really trying to help you. You're a smart dude, act like it. I know some of this is amusing to you, but many of us have real lives and don't have the time to deal with someone as high maintenance as you've been so far.

I personally think you'll add a lot to the league, and as you know bent over backwards to ensure you joined. However, I've gotten emails from several owners asking why we're being so patient. Help me out a little here.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:09 AM

Clark,

I have thanked you before and I'll thank you again for going out of your way to include me in the league. I do not think you'll regret it, as I think I'll be a very active and competitive owner.

Moreover, I honestly had both this thread and our league message board open at the same time and had just happened to read this thread quicker- that is why I asked you a question about players being traded often that you had already answered.

With all that said, I have just checked my email and I have zero messages from your or anyone else regarding player positions or salaries. This is not schtick. I don't know if my email is filtering them out, if I've given an incorrect address(assanifisher@hotmail.com), if I have my settings on CBS to not send me emails, or what else could be the problem.

You have my guarantee that once I learn everything(which will not take long) I will not only not be high maintainence, but I will try to return the favor by going out of my way to help any newcomers to the league in the future.

Assani
Old 10-16-2007, 12:15 AM

Icy Pots my man.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
With all that said, I have just checked my email and I have zero messages from your or anyone else regarding player positions or salaries. This is not schtick. I don't know if my email is filtering them out, if I've given an incorrect address(assanifisher@hotmail.com), if I have my settings on CBS to not send me emails, or what else could be the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing that's hard to believe, Assani, is that after the first mix up, this wasn't the first thing you checked. You just kept asking "what's the deal?" Every sane person I know would first check their settings at CBS, check alternate mail accounts to make sure they didn't get mixed up, and contact support if everything looked clean but they still weren't getting mails. It's just kinda bizarre to go weeks without taking those steps, ya know?
Old 10-16-2007, 04:49 AM

Let it go...I know we're all upset about Kenny Frickin Lofton...
Old 10-16-2007, 04:55 AM

ps assani I'm totally not one of the owners that emailed league HQs. I bet it was Thayer. We should probably stop hijacking this thread.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing that's hard to believe, Assani, is that after the first mix up, this wasn't the first thing you checked. You just kept asking "what's the deal?" Every sane person I know would first check their settings at CBS, check alternate mail accounts to make sure they didn't get mixed up, and contact support if everything looked clean but they still weren't getting mails. It's just kinda bizarre to go weeks without taking those steps, ya know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its taken care of now, so no biggie....but the thing that you guys aren't realizing is that I literally NEVER use email. I use myspace to communicate with friends, and I just post on here and footballguys for social networking online. So a lot of these concepts that are basic to you are very foreign to me. The hotmail software in particular is causing me a lot of confusion. Plus I disagree with what Clark said earlier- Honestly I'm a pretty stupid person, no joke. But like I said, its all cleared up now. I'm actually planning on doing a ton of research and thinking tonight and making my own draft cheat sheet. Icy pots.