FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2007, 09:25 PM

Default Re: Dealing with moron neighbors

Instead of:

[ QUOTE ]
Frank and I scream at this kid

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Frank makes sure he will never forget there's a stop sign there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frank could be nice to the kid and probably get his point across better. Then that's the end of it.

Also, don't have your kids play in the street. Maybe when your kids are like 10 they can ride their bikes when it is dark in the street.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:28 PM

also i should add that someone rolling a sign a hundred yards away is not cause to get upset. rolling = slowing down under 10 but not stopping. if they just blow through it and are going too fast that's one thing, which is what you described.

but keep in mind, 25 is probably the lawful speed in your neighborhood. so if he wants to accelerate back up to 25 after he goes through the sign, that's his right, and you need to have your kids out of the way.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:32 PM

I don't understand exactly.

Your friend talked to the kid about running the stop sign, and then a few minutes later the adult in the house said kid went into comes out? Wouldn't this imply that the kid who ran the stop sign, for some odd reason, would mention this story to his friends mother? Why would someone tell the adult that they just ran a stop sign and got yelled at?

If its me being yelled at, I apologize and move along...I don't tell an adult what an idiot I am.

Err, the point of this post: Why did the mom come out? It makes no sense.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:32 PM

Call the cops.

Embellish the story a little (It happens all the time, They gotta be doing 40, had to pull the kids out of way by the hair so they wouldnt get runned over)

Ask the cops if they wouldnt mind parking at the stop sign for the next few weeks.

The cops are usally understanding about this stuff and wont mind hanging out.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have always been of the opinion that roads are for cars. people live in the suburbs and have yards for a reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

I grew up on a court (cul de sac) in a suburb. I'm pretty sure most people actually living in that environment would disagree with you. All of the way through childhood, from whipping around on our Big Wheels to wiffleball games and tag football, playing in the street were common place. Of course, we were doing it in the fat end all of the way down the court and not on the corner, but I don't think play should be limited into only the yards of these residences.

[ QUOTE ]
if it was me i would just blow it off and not talk to the woman anymore. if there was someone who was a repeat offender and was really being dangerous (i.e. you're not just being a nit, i have no reason to believe you are but that disclaimer is necessary) then i would consider complaining to the cops and having them nail somebody next time they blow through the sign.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with everything here.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I grew up on a court (cul de sac) in a suburb. I'm pretty sure most people actually living in that environment would disagree with you. All of the way through childhood, from whipping around on our Big Wheels to wiffleball games and tag football, playing in the street were common place. Of course, we were doing it in the fat end all of the way down the court and not on the corner, but I don't think play should be limited into only the yards of these residences.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh i used to play in the street all the time when i was a kid too. but it was always with the understanding that it was primarily for cars, and i had to get the [censored] out of the way as soon as one was coming.

some people these days will scream at you for going the speed limit down the street when their kid is playing anywhere NEAR the street. when i was a kid, my mom would have yelled at ME to get the [censored] away from the road.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:43 PM

My moron neighbours' kids play in our car parking area and make a boatload of noise in the early (7am-9am) morning and evening (4pm-8pm). Two of them are unable to speak below shouting volume, and often just bark like dogs. The other day I came round the corner and the dad gave one of them a slap round the ear for something and I was like BOOO YA in my head, he saw me and looked sheepish and I just thought "Give the little runt another one".

I am hardly the model neighbour so w/e. I still like to moan about it as much as possible. I'm not a dick to them or anything about it though.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:44 PM

Ok lets see if I have this right, a kid that just learned to drive runs a stop sign and you get all over him because your pissed at your niehbor. The kid probibly felt pretty bad and but he honestly didn't see the sign so wtf??? The answer to your problem is simple:

1. Be a parent. Stop letting your kids play in the street. The street is for cars. Play on your lawn or go to a park.
2. Stop being a shity nitty neihbor or expect to get your house egged when you go away on vacation or worse broken into.
Old 09-07-2007, 09:57 PM

Buy one of these, put it at the head of your cds when the kids are playing, problem solved.
Old 09-07-2007, 10:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok lets see if I have this right, a kid that just learned to drive runs a stop sign and you get all over him because your pissed at your niehbor. The kid probibly felt pretty bad and but he honestly didn't see the sign so wtf??? The answer to your problem is simple:

1. Be a parent. Stop letting your kids play in the street. The street is for cars. Play on your lawn or go to a park.
2. Stop being a shity nitty neihbor or expect to get your house egged when you go away on vacation or worse broken into.

[/ QUOTE ]

god this post is [censored]