Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 07:50 AM

Default software question from a newbie

Hiya all,
I'm a new member so excuse me if I ask something that was asked before - haven't find it so far.
My questions is - I'm now facing a problem which software to choose and my two main options presently are Pokertracker and Pokeroffice. Can anyone help me with a choise I need some comparison of the two or something. Or maybe you can advise me some other software, that will be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Jeff
Old 07-31-2007, 07:55 AM

Default Re: software question from a newbie

I'm no expert on this stuff - I've used Pokertracker quite a bit, but never used PokerOffice - but don't forget you can try PokerTracker for free (up to 1000 hands I think) so at least you know what you're comparing the others with.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:44 AM

Thanks! yeah, maybe i should just try it. But from the other side I want to know how it works on a longterm, you know. So maybe anyone who've been using both PokerOffice and Pokertracker for sometime could give me a tip.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:02 AM

I have used both. First PokerOffice, then PT. I stayed with the latter. Both are great pieces of software, but I found PT more accessible. Besides, it has more addons and stuff, like Poker Ace Hud etc. Poker Office seems more standalone in that respect. I am very satisfied with Pokertracker, support, forums everything is great. I would recommend PT.

Good luck at the tables!
Old 08-01-2007, 04:29 AM

Certainly you shouldn't have any concerns about the support that comes with Pokertracker. It's excellent. And with its own forum as well, you can be confident that you'll be able to get the best out of the software.

Of course, the same might be true of PokerOffice but as I've no experience of that software I couldn't say one way or the other.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:00 PM

You can also try PokerBuddy which is currently in beta and is free.

www.poker-bud.com

It currently does not have all the functionallity that PT does but this will change and many other addons will be added within the app such as SmartBuddy and AHK scripts.