Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 12:33 AM

Default 50NL: Make my move on the turn?

No real reads on villain other than he seems like he could be anywhere from the 18/12 side of TAG to the 28/20 sort. Not many hands, but he doesn't seem like a big LAG/maniac or a tight nit, or a clueless callbot. Just don't have many hands on him.

I'll often 3bet this pf, but just decided not to this time. Maybe I should wait for solid reads to do this, but whatever, no biggie.

On the flop, I really think a raise allows him to play perfectly, dumping worse hands and calling or pushing better ones. He could also push a flush draw here, so I don't think that a raise also allows me to play perfectly. If all I know about villain is that he's not an idiot, should I assume I'm always way behind to a flop push here, and therefore raise the flop to $10-12, folding to more action?

Anyways, I decided to wait for my move on the turn. Let me know if I butchered it. The more I look at it, the more I feel like I'll make more money with a flop raise than waiting for the turn, simply because he's going to c/f hands that may call a flop raise (like draws if he feels he's getting priced out, or weak aces, etc).

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
6 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
MP: $71.50
CO: $50.25
Hero (BTN): $49.25
SB: $105.55
BB: $52.75
UTG: $51.90

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($0.75, 6 players)
UTG folds, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.75, SB folds, BB folds

<font color="black">Flop:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($4.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">CO bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3

<font color="black">Turn:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($10.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">CO bets $4.50</font>, Hero...
Old 03-20-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: 50NL: Make my move on the turn?

It seems okay to me. But, actually, a flop raise does as well.

By the way, I don't think Villain is check-folding a weak ace on the turn very often (just to respond to one of your comments toward the end of your post).
Old 03-20-2007, 01:03 AM

I wouldn't raise the flop here either, and once he fires the turn again I would just call down.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:14 AM

You could raise turn for value/cheap showdown.
Old 03-20-2007, 01:21 AM

just wondering... why dont you like a flop raise?? wont it give you a good idea where to go from there?
Old 03-20-2007, 01:52 AM

Just call turn. You have position. Use it =) His bet looks very weak so he got a super weak ace or a 9. If you want, I think a turn raise will give you the pot. I would def fold to a 3-bet turn or a big lead on the river if he smooth calls.
Old 03-20-2007, 08:52 AM

OK, so I did end up just calling the turn. That pretty much commits me to calling any reasonable-sized river bet, right? Seems like a raise would be overkill and a fold would be way weak given the way I've played it.

<font color="black">Turn:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] ($10.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">CO bets $4.50</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="black">River:</font> A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]] ($19.25, 2 players)
<font color="red">CO bets $12</font>, Hero...
Old 03-20-2007, 09:01 AM

hm you lose to AK, A9,A3, A8 and A7
you beat AJ, AT, A6, A5, A4 and A2
i'd probably just call this bet, raising is only called by a hand that beats you and folding is no good.