Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2006, 12:44 PM

Default $5,000 Fantasy Poker Win

I took first place in this free fantasy poker contest and they sent me a notice that I won the $5,000 1st place prize package. Does anyone have any insight into this? Is it legit, do you think I'll get paid?

Old 08-22-2006, 01:12 PM

Default Re: $5,000 Fantasy Poker Win

BBV

Edit: I think we need a forum named "Disguised Beats Brags or Variance"
Old 08-22-2006, 05:27 PM

I guess this is what the world has come to, I'd probably be a little skeptical too seeing as we were pretty much giving away something for nothing. I explained all of this over on another newsgroup, but to recap, Final Table Poker is owned by the company that is writing the new software for Poker Mountain; as some of you know we are currently in the process of a complete rewrite (early indications are that you are going to like it a lot), the Final Table Poker site (also being rewritten, the new site should be up very soon) is where we have TJ Cloutier writing trip reports, giving tips, answering questions, etc. The contest was to start to get our name out there again, and to collect names for a one time mailing when Poker Mountain is ready (a special offer for registered FTP customers, with full opt out/opt in options). We have no advertising on FTP, the contest was simply a freeroll with 10K in prizes. We sent out the emails to the winners last week, and a few days ago we sent off the information to the accountants, checks will be going out soon (except to lpjz (first name Michael) who came 8th for $150, he has never replied, we tried 3 times to reach him; if anyone knows who he is, please have him contact us).

So, to answer your question, yes, it's legit, and we appreciate the free advertising [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

All the best,
Paul
for Poker Mountain and Final Table Poker

[ QUOTE ]
I took first place in this free fantasy poker contest and they sent me a notice that I won the $5,000 1st place prize package. Does anyone have any insight into this? Is it legit, do you think I'll get paid?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-22-2006, 05:30 PM

Good stuff!

What was your team? How exactly does fantasy poker work?
Old 08-22-2006, 09:50 PM

Paul, sorry if that came across poorly. I didn't mean for it to sound like that. I was just wondering because I couldn't really tell from the website what exactly it was promoting. I saw T.J.'s name was all over it and thought it must be valid, but with everything you hear out there you can never be too certain. At least this post helps get your name out there. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Thank you for explaining things and for everything. It was pretty fun and I'll have to check out the site.

[ QUOTE ]
BBV

Edit: I think we need a forum named "Disguised Beats Brags or Variance"

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious?!? Do you really think I would post this to brag about a fantasy poker accomplishment?? Ok, it was all skill!! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Ed,

You picked 10 players and then they would get points based on their finishing position in each of the WSOP events, then at the end of the series the team with the 10 players that accumulated the most points won. I had the following:
Juanda
Cliff Josephy
Negreanu
Arlos Mortenson
Nam Le
Phil Hellmuth
Barry Greenstein
Allen Cunningham
Johnny Chan
Chris Ferguson

Ferguson was the only one that didn't get me any points. It was pretty cool. It's a fun idea.

Thanks again Paul and sorry if this post came across bad. I was just looking for a little info.