Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2007, 02:14 PM

Default Value of the top pair in HU NL and nature of HU nowadays

This is like the most misunderstood hand at heads up sng's. The kicker rule applies also here. What the hell are they writing there at the articles?! "Top pair is a monster HU",
"Top pair is like a set at heads up", "If u have a top pair, its 90 percent change that ur opponent doesnt have it". LOL. Probably in high limit turbo's this rule applies cause its a crap shoot and most of the pots are raised. But in passive low limit games...i dont like betting agressive with pair of jacks with an 7 or 8 kicker. Nit?

And playing against a solid player in 5-10 dollar HU sng's. I raise from the button with A8, 3xtimes the BB, and BB calls. Player is solid and bets also good hands OOP in raised pots, bets under i mean. I call cause i have no idea where i'm at. Opponent best the pot on the turn. Me? ok, i call. Opponent bets big on the river, FOLD! opinions? or am i overtight. I never feel comfortable if i havent got a certain read. AND also. 1/25 opponent in HU cant play in low limits. Check ur dates. there are a lot of solid and clever low limit shark players out there nowadays because of the popularity of poker.

And multitabling 5-10 dollar SNG's? How the hell do u do that. Wait for a hand and then bet agressive. First of all there hast to be a specific time of hour when there are more bad players. I like to bet with my good hands even against those ego maniacs, who try to win every pot. But against a solid player, or less solid but who has principles.

I've played HU now for about five months and i am a winning player. but this forum gives advice of low limit players being total fishes who are easy to beat. They are either good or bad. How about the 1000 different variables of player types between good and bad. Even minbettors can be good readers. They are just sore.

The bad players are the ones that u usually need a hand against. Exception are the extremely poor bluffers, who cant represent a hand, they just bet. They call, call and chase and when they miss, they bet the pot and then go on complete tilt when i cut on third of their stack. All in after that. Those are my favorite opponents cause its very easy to bust them with a good hand afterwards.

And finally i want to ask people about showing ur hand? i never so good hands, but i heard that some people show to get an advantage. Show a bluff or show a good hand? Sometimes i show a bluff but my goal is to get a player on complete tilt.