Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2007, 11:45 PM

Default I don\'t ussually slow play, but maybe I shoulda

0.50/1 6 max

I've been getting a few marginal hands that I've decided to play and have been prety LAG. I'm about to leave the table and pick up K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on button. I raise to $3, player in BB who has started to play back at me a few hands calls. I've been extremely aggressive and he expects me to put in a bet with a large range on flop.

flop: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

villian checks...

I know this might be obvious but I don't ussually have such a dominating lead.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: I don\'t ussually slow play, but maybe I shoulda

don't slowplay. you just have to hope that villain has a hand or decides to make a move.

you would never check air here, would you?
Old 07-30-2007, 11:52 PM

You have to bet here and hope he has a 9, 6 or a pocket pair. If not, you would not have made any money anyway. Checking this flop would scream slowplay.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:04 AM

you've been setting yourself up for exactly this situation and everything is falling into place! i'm not saying getting a little tricky on this hand isnt a good thing but DONT DONT DONT check the flop. it screams "i have a huge hand". c-bet the flop like you would normally and hope that the guy cold calls or even raises. if you wanna get fancy then check the turn and give the perception that you're giving up after he called your c-bet. you might just get a pretty large bluff from him on the river and you can precede from there.

haha i can just see this guy on the other end with AK thinking he FINALLY is gonna bust you. hopefully you stack him, he goes on life tilt and then goes and kicks the living crap out of his little dog.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:05 AM

what kind of hands is he calling with preflop (anything showndown?) and how often is he playing back? Has he played back recently?

I think those are the factors you should consider. Also, how odd would a flop check look to him? As in if your close to 100% cbet in headsup, especially in this situation, its pretty hard for you to check.