Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 01:38 PM

Default Selling Comic Books?

I'm looking for advice from some knowledgable comic book aficianados out there...

I have several boxes of comic books, mostly from the late 80's/early 90's. I know that most of them are not worth much at all, so I am not looking to get rich off of them. I just want to free up some room in my garage. I mean, there are a few that are probably worth a bit more than their cover prices, but no rare first-editions or anything like that. I unfortunately made the brilliant investment of comic books, in a time when they printed a million copies of all the books and everyone bought multiple copies in hopes of getting rich (Silver Surfer #50, for example). They are all bagged individually.

I just don't know the best way to sell them. I don't see many comics getting much interest on eBay, and I'd like to avoid trying to get rid of them that way anyway. Is the best way, just to walk into a comic shop and let the owner look at what I have? Do owners generally buy comics this way? Is there a website that is specific for comic book selling/trading? Do I try to locate a convention?

Any advice on getting rid of these (other than just trashing them) would be much appreciated.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:30 PM

Default Re: Selling Comic Books?

You should be able to find out the market price on the individual issues, assuming you have some time to catalog what you have. That should give you a ballpark figure; then I'd give your local comic shop or reseller a call and see if he's interested.