Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-18-2007, 01:16 AM

Default Prince Harry: Freedom Fighter

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/...-name_page.html

[ QUOTE ]
PRINCE Harry will be serving on the front line in Iraq by the end of the month.

The 22-year-old prince will head for Basra with comrades from the Blues and Royals Regiment within days and will then probably be deployed along the border with Iran.

A senior military source said: "The final details are being sorted, but he is definitely going. Naturally, his royal status has to be taken into account - but he will see action."

Second Lieutenant Harry, who insisted on going, is likely to be in charge of a troop of 12 soldiers in light armoured vehicles.

They are expected to be sent on reconnaissance missions, spending days or even weeks out in the desert. Defence Secretary Des Browne is expected to announce the news on February 26.

"TROOP COMMANDER WALES DOES NOT WANT ANY SPECIAL TREATMENT..HE JUST WANTS TO SERVE"
PRINCE Harry is being sent to Iraq after making it clear he was not willing to sit out the war in safety while comrades risked their lives.

A senior military source said: "He has insisted on being able to perform his duties as any other officer would. He won't be just flying a desk.

"As a young officer Harry will want to go to war as a point of pride. There would have been no point in him training for this if that was never going to happen."

Second Lieutenant Harry, who will be known as Troop Commander Wales by colleagues in the Blues and Royals Regiment, warned superiors he would resign his commission if he was denied active service in Afghanistan or Iraq on security grounds.

Defence Secretary Des Browne is expected to officially announce in the Commons on February 26 that Harry is off to the front line.

The prince will arrive in Iraq in the middle of massive security clampdowns centred on Baghdad and Basra. More than 1,200 British troops are sweeping across Southern Iraq in pursuit of insurgents.

All border crossings into Iran have been closed and road checkpoints reinforced to cut off supply routes.

Men from the Blues and Royals are among troops scheduled to replace soldiers from the 19th Light Brigade in April. But military commanders and royal aides have decided to allow Harry to head to Iraq early after spending months debating the issue.

They decided it was best for the 22-year-old prince, third in line to the throne, to go while the clampdown is still under way.

The source said: "The thinking was always that Harry would go to war but perhaps during the safest period."

Once he arrives in Basra he will receive intelligence briefings on the insurgency in Iraq. After a few days he will be probably be deployed along the Iranian border to help the security operation against Shia insurgents.

Harry, who graduated from Sandhurst Military Academy last year, will lead his troop of 12 men in light armoured vehicles on missions to gather intelligence.

It is not known if Harry's private secretary, former SAS officer Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, will join him. But he will be "mentored" by an experienced and older soldier - probably a sergeant.

His mobile force may spend days or even weeks out in the desert, possibly in the volatile Maysan Province. Although isolated from the main battle group, Harry is likely to operate some distance from dangerous towns.

As a small mobile unit, it is unlikely to face sustained mortar and rocket attacks. His men are likely to drive small Scimitar or Spartan tanks fitted with 30mm cannon and sleep out in the open.

The tanks have night vision technology to spy out ambushes. It is possible they will be given open-top, lightly armoured vehicles - essentially Land Rovers fitted with heavy machine guns.

Recce troops are trained in operating behind enemy lines or as close to them as possible. Although his duties sound hazardous, Harry's troops will be well-protected by air support if caught in a battle.

Their nature of their mission means they avoid roads - reducing the risk of casualties from the roadside bombs that have killed so many British soldiers. It is thought unlikely Harry will be required to go into rebel towns.

The Royal Family have a long history of war service. George II was the last king to lead troops into battle, when his army beat the French at Dettingen in 1743.

The Queen's father George VI was in the Royal Navy before becoming king and saw action at the Battle of Jutland in the First World War on HMS Collingwood.

Of the current royals, Prince Philip served in the Royal Navy during the Second World War.

Prince Andrew was a helicopter pilot in the Falklands War.

[/ QUOTE ]

So much for the myth propogated by the left that only the poor and uneducated are willing to fight in Iraq. I'd like to see how they spin this one.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:48 AM

Default Re: Prince Harry: Freedom Fighter

[ QUOTE ]

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/...-name_page.html

[ QUOTE ]
PRINCE Harry will be serving on the front line in Iraq by the end of the month.

The 22-year-old prince will head for Basra with comrades from the Blues and Royals Regiment within days and will then probably be deployed along the border with Iran.

A senior military source said: "The final details are being sorted, but he is definitely going. Naturally, his royal status has to be taken into account - but he will see action."

Second Lieutenant Harry, who insisted on going, is likely to be in charge of a troop of 12 soldiers in light armoured vehicles.

They are expected to be sent on reconnaissance missions, spending days or even weeks out in the desert. Defence Secretary Des Browne is expected to announce the news on February 26.

"TROOP COMMANDER WALES DOES NOT WANT ANY SPECIAL TREATMENT..HE JUST WANTS TO SERVE"
PRINCE Harry is being sent to Iraq after making it clear he was not willing to sit out the war in safety while comrades risked their lives.

A senior military source said: "He has insisted on being able to perform his duties as any other officer would. He won't be just flying a desk.

"As a young officer Harry will want to go to war as a point of pride. There would have been no point in him training for this if that was never going to happen."

Second Lieutenant Harry, who will be known as Troop Commander Wales by colleagues in the Blues and Royals Regiment, warned superiors he would resign his commission if he was denied active service in Afghanistan or Iraq on security grounds.

Defence Secretary Des Browne is expected to officially announce in the Commons on February 26 that Harry is off to the front line.

The prince will arrive in Iraq in the middle of massive security clampdowns centred on Baghdad and Basra. More than 1,200 British troops are sweeping across Southern Iraq in pursuit of insurgents.

All border crossings into Iran have been closed and road checkpoints reinforced to cut off supply routes.

Men from the Blues and Royals are among troops scheduled to replace soldiers from the 19th Light Brigade in April. But military commanders and royal aides have decided to allow Harry to head to Iraq early after spending months debating the issue.

They decided it was best for the 22-year-old prince, third in line to the throne, to go while the clampdown is still under way.

The source said: "The thinking was always that Harry would go to war but perhaps during the safest period."

Once he arrives in Basra he will receive intelligence briefings on the insurgency in Iraq. After a few days he will be probably be deployed along the Iranian border to help the security operation against Shia insurgents.

Harry, who graduated from Sandhurst Military Academy last year, will lead his troop of 12 men in light armoured vehicles on missions to gather intelligence.

It is not known if Harry's private secretary, former SAS officer Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, will join him. But he will be "mentored" by an experienced and older soldier - probably a sergeant.

His mobile force may spend days or even weeks out in the desert, possibly in the volatile Maysan Province. Although isolated from the main battle group, Harry is likely to operate some distance from dangerous towns.

As a small mobile unit, it is unlikely to face sustained mortar and rocket attacks. His men are likely to drive small Scimitar or Spartan tanks fitted with 30mm cannon and sleep out in the open.

The tanks have night vision technology to spy out ambushes. It is possible they will be given open-top, lightly armoured vehicles - essentially Land Rovers fitted with heavy machine guns.

Recce troops are trained in operating behind enemy lines or as close to them as possible. Although his duties sound hazardous, Harry's troops will be well-protected by air support if caught in a battle.

Their nature of their mission means they avoid roads - reducing the risk of casualties from the roadside bombs that have killed so many British soldiers. It is thought unlikely Harry will be required to go into rebel towns.

The Royal Family have a long history of war service. George II was the last king to lead troops into battle, when his army beat the French at Dettingen in 1743.

The Queen's father George VI was in the Royal Navy before becoming king and saw action at the Battle of Jutland in the First World War on HMS Collingwood.

Of the current royals, Prince Philip served in the Royal Navy during the Second World War.

Prince Andrew was a helicopter pilot in the Falklands War.

[/ QUOTE ]

So much for the myth propogated by the left that only the poor and uneducated are willing to fight in Iraq. I'd like to see how they spin this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

first off - let's tear down your bs premise

lefties don't claim in the least that only the poor and uneducated are willing to fight in Iraq - that does make up the bulk of our volunteer force which was sent over by the 101st fighting keyboardists, but the only folks who are really over there willingly are private mercenaries who are NOT poor but making money ass over fist by hiring out their knowledge and getting paid an obscene amount of money for it - thank you American taxpayers for our unauthorized, unsupervised, and unaccountable mercenary force in Iraq.

but if we ask how many REAL SOLDIERS, many of whom are poor and uneducated (if an American HS education is considered uneducated, which I guess to Righties, it is) - well, I doubt you'd find a bunch of folks saying they went over there willingly and you won't see many hands -

they signed up to protect America and ended up fighing for Republican Imperialism instead on the basis of manufactured and falsified evidence that suited a political purpose for Republicans.

Most of them do NOT want to be there, are NOT there willingly, and would be gone had their deployments not been extended indefinately by neocons - and those reserves in the 101st fighting keyboardists that were coming for relief can't find their passports.

so right off the bat - we've dismantled anything worthy you had to contribute to the discussion by pointing out the ignorance of your brief statement above - like fighting an unarmed man in a boxing match, but I digress.

-------

regarding Prince Harry - on the surface, it's irrelevant to me - he's not my leader and I have no interest in any monarchy being perpetuated ever -

but I'm glad he's got the balls to stand up for his beliefs - every time a Bush Administration official shows up in Iraq - it's a "surprise" visit - LOL - I.E. - sneaking in and out while believing their presence at the time suggests "stability"

I was a bit surprised too at harry's move - even though it is a recon unit that likely will see none of the dangerous Urban action that has claimed so many soldier's lives - and even though he will be fighting in vehicles much safer then the unarmored humvee's that US Surge troops will be rolling around in.

Nevertheless, it is a level of Courage the chimp-in-chief was unwilling to display prior to becoming leader of this country. If anyone in Britian could have pulled a GWB and used family connections to avoid serving in a war, it should have been the Prince. Instead he chose to serve with his subjects on the front line

I applaud his example and strongly encourage our president to follow suit by hopping in a helicopter (or jet or whatever he was trained to fly - though helicopter would be preferable [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) and back up his words with action - if victory is so important, he can surely use HIS combat training, just like the young Prince, to America's advantage.

rb
Old 02-18-2007, 02:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lefties don't claim in the least that only the poor and uneducated are willing to fight in Iraq - that does make up the bulk of our volunteer force

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh really? The facts clearly do not support your claim. I know you'd like to believe that because it supports your elistist world-view that only dumb, uneducated hicks could possibly support the Iraq War, but that's just not true.

And here's a link to the full study: http://www.heritage.org/Research/Nat...y/cda05-08.cfm

And don't give me the predictable cop-out response "ZOMG that study is from the Heritage Foundation, they must have made it all up." Show me a study that contradicts it instead of making baseless generalizations.

[ QUOTE ]

- well, I doubt you'd find a bunch of folks saying they went over there willingly and you won't see many hands -

[/ QUOTE ]

Please explain to me how our all voluntary army is over there against their will.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:30 AM

If I were in the shia militia, I'd be pretty excited about the prospect of beheading Prince Harry on youtube.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:50 AM

This is a bunch of BS! send him to the mean streets of bagdad/ramadi. He will never go on a convoy, patrol through the mean streets or get shot at. He will probably never leave his desk this is all bs.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a bunch of BS! send him to the mean streets of bagdad/ramadi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better yet, just send him to Compton.

BTW, I'd be careful with that avatar around these parts. Folks have been temp-banned for far less.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a bunch of BS! send him to the mean streets of bagdad/ramadi.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better yet, just send him to Compton.

[/ QUOTE ]
Compton is kindergarten compared to the "hoods" in Iraq. My point is that if you people believe Harry will face even 5% of the danger most of the average, normal folk in iraq face, you people are sadly mistaken.

That paper article is propaganda.
Old 02-18-2007, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Oh really? The facts clearly do not support your claim. I know you'd like to believe that because it supports your elistist world-view that only dumb, uneducated hicks could possibly support the Iraq War, but that's just not true.

[/ QUOTE ]

actually, I am inclined to believe dumb uneducated hicks are the majority of those left supporting the Iraqi war - I didn't say they were fighting in it however - it's obvious from Troop statements before congress that anyone who IS serving over there instead of talking about is ready to come home.

in fact it's pretty obvious most of them ignorant hicks aren't in the Armed Forces, but are over here talking about it instead of being over there standing up for their beliefs like Prince Harry [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]

Please explain to me how our all voluntary army is over there against their will.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh goodie - a fighting keyboardists who can't tell the difference between

a) signing up to protect your country and freedom
b) being shipped off on extended deployments in an unjustified and pre-emptive move to protect oil interests from an engulfing civil war that threatens oil profits for those who will reap 75% of Iraqi's oil profits for an indefinate period.

willingly? - That's why they try to court-martial a soldier who didn't want to deploy to Iraq due to the illegality of the war? - He was willing to go to Afghanistan to fight Terrorists, BTW, but he didn't drink the Administration's kool-aid on Iraq - willingly?

This is my lapse on my part - I didn't pay attention to the fact you were a troll with 24 posts that only posts in the politics forum. What was the previous name you posted under before you were banned?

Just kidding - I don't really care - LOL

easily rectified though...

*** you are now ignoring this user ***

rb

ps - don't think it escaped my notice you've missed the total disconnect between Prince Harry and the chimp-in-chief's behavior when the call to arms came -
Old 02-18-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is my fault - I didn't realize you were a troll with 24 posts that only posts in the politics forum.
easily rectified though...

*** you are now ignoring this user ***

[/ QUOTE ]

So I actually post data to back up my assertions and I'm the troll? Okay buddy, continue ignoring anything that contradicts your unfounded opinions.
Old 02-18-2007, 03:15 AM

Default The Prince Needs to....

The Prince needs to dip his bayonet into the belly of some terrorist scum. And then post a video of it on youtube....