Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2007, 05:10 AM

Default beat: MF Doom show sucked balls

He took like an hour and a half to come on after this garbage-ass rapper who was second on the billing, then did a 25 minute set which was clearly adlibbed (though the set list was pretty solid), then left immediately without any kind of an encore even being fathomable. everybody stood around angrily and was booing, and the venue manager eventually said what amounted to "yo theyre gone, sorry for the short show, peace out everybody". No refunds or anything, obviously. And not that it really matters too much, but the show was like $30. COME ON!

I just hope he gets his act together before rock the bells on saturday

variance: walked to and from show up over this bigass hill
Old 08-16-2007, 08:14 AM

Default Re: beat: MF Doom show sucked balls

Ha, I had pretty much the exact same experience as you last year at The Independent in SF. Show started at nine. Some DJ opens who is pretty good but then he has to extend his set an extra half hour. Then the DJ for MF Doom comes on for an an hour, after a while it seems like he's stalling and doesn't seem that prepared. Then a bunch of MF Doom's posse or something comes out and raps, like four of them in a row, they all suck. Everyone is getting restless. Then at like one in the morning MF Doom finally comes out. He kept fiddling with the sound levels, he would turn around and adjust knobs in the middle of his songs which messed up the energy. And then by the way he left it was clear there wouldn't be an encore, it was like he couldn't wait to go. Couldn't have been more than a half hour that he was actually on stage.

MF Doom rules, just not live I guess, it was pretty disappointing. So it seems like that's standard for him. We paid $40 each for our tickets though. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-16-2007, 09:23 AM

30 min.. 30 dollars.. adds up?
Old 08-16-2007, 09:58 AM

This is a typical set for many hip hop artists.

Show up late, quit early. SOP
Old 08-16-2007, 07:41 PM

i guess it's a beat that i went to 2 scribble jams about 5 or 6 years ago, but i did, and at 1 of them, he was awesome...

your own beat is that you're still going to underground rap concerts...i'm pretty sure i'm over that phase..