Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2007, 08:41 PM

Default FTP Answers 2/23

For reference, previous answers thread:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...Number=9284618

1. Since my check withdrawal is still within the 2 month time frame you quoted, even though I consider it unconscionably late, do I NOT get the free express delivery? What do you consider "delayed"?

- I'm fairly certain any check that was requested prior to this week that still hasn't been processed is considered delayed. I'm told that everyone still waiting on a check will be receiving an email soon that should hopefully answer any remaining questions.

2. On this note, could you add a time bank system similar to the one stars has?

- Yep, same project as the disconnect timebank. As I understand it, the player will be required to manually request the extra time (push a button) to activate.

3. when i click on the mac-beta DL i just get a page on computer garble. no DL

Were you trying to download from a PC?

4. Will there be an express delivery option for all checks? Understandably there will be a fee, but the big turn off is the 25-30 days.

- Yes, once everything is set up next week, there will be new check policies in place, almost certainly including an option for express delivery.

5. thanks for the update... I know it's been addressed before.. but never really answered in full... rakeback for those who signed up without it a while ago? In other words... any progress on what you had in the works?

- There has been progress, actually. I don't have any details, but I believe we'll begin experimenting with various ideas in March.

6. Also, new sng's (rebuy sng's? 3.30's <regs, turbos, PLO, etc)? and maybe another turbo level inbetween the 12's and 24's?

- We're always looking to expand our sng offerings, but not at the expense of what we already offer. I'll see what we can squeeze in there.

7. As I asked last time can you improve your interface for the cashout page?

- We're about to change the page to be more easily customizable. I definitely like the idea of being able to choose which withdrawal method you'd like to use without having to go to support first. I'll pass along the fact that there's a lot of demand for this and hopefully we can get something going.

8. How come on the SNG filters theres no filter choice for 6man vs 9man, and also no choice for turbo vs regular speed? is this easily addable?

- I'll ask.

9. Is it true, as rumored in another thread on NVG, that FullTilt pros are allowed to buy-in to a restricted buy no limit game for any amount of money?

- Not true. I saw that thread, and Mark did nothing that any other player couldn't do. Which isn't to say it wasn't annoying.

10. im already a ppa member, but i would like to donate and take advantage of your bonus. but your promotion is unclear as to how existing members would get credited. should i just donate, and then email you guys, and you will confirm with ppa that i donated?

I asked for clarification on this myself. Turns out that you just follow our links, and "re-signup". When you do this, the PPA will consolidate the two donations (your old one and the new one through FTP). As it stands, if you "upgrade" from the $20 donation to the $40 donation, you're actually paying an additional $40, not just the $20 difference. Kind of annoying, but at least you're getting a bonus for it.

11. How long do I have to clear my PPA bonus? I can't find that anywhere.

62 days.

12. I am now one of the players who is randomly disconnected mid-hand, and is out a decent chunk of money as a result (because FT does not offer disconnect protection).

- The addition of the disconnect timebank mentioned in the previous answers thread should alleviate the negative result of the problem (losing out on pots because of a disconnect). I'd rather nobody ever disconnected, but this should at least make it less costly.

13. Is there a specific byte in my luvrhino.dat file (or in the Windows Registry) that I can change to restore the Announcements pop-up?

- No, we've disabled the automatic popping up of the announcement window. In the future it's only going to pop up when there is actually something to announce.

14. Why does the FTP company treat its customers so poorly?

- I disagree with this, but I'm sorry you feel that we do.

15. There are generally several things Doug mentions in each new post, things that will be worked on that are never mentioned again.

- I tend to answer the most current questions, but I also don't feel like I answer questions and forget about them. Do you have specific questions in mind? For reference, this was my response about the "two people from the same IP sitting at the same table" question:

"I can say that the same IP blocking will probably be the first thing you see in this area, but it's far from the last word on the matter."

I gave no timeline (because I didn't have one) and stand by what I said. Nothing further has been mentioned on this issue because there haven't been any updates.

16. I have never heard of anyone receiving a refund from being the victim of collusion or anyone being caught colluding at tilt like i have at stars and even party. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong

- Okay, you're wrong. There's at least 3 fairly recent posts detailing exactly this.

17. Any plans for new items in the store soon?

- I haven't heard anything recently. I'll look into it. I have heard recently that a number of Iron Man specific gear will be added to the Iron Man store shortly.

18. FTPDoug where are you now?

- You just totally blew my mind.

19. will you be addressing the multiple reports of people getting their accounts drained and ftp not doing much to insure the safety of this?

- I feel terrible for the people that have had their accounts compromised and lost money because of it. I've personally done everything I could to help when I've been able. We have a number of projects coming up that will address some of the issues, but as always, the security of your account is almost entirely dependant on you. There have been a number of helpful threads on this subject, and I highly recommend everyone follow some of these very basic (and some not so basic) security measures when dealing with any online account with money in it.

20. Also..are more payment processors gonna be coming anytime soon? I was just wondering before I commit to MyWebATM or epassporte.

- Most definitely. We have one or two that we hope to launch by the end of March, and are constantly looking to add more. I'd like to point out that you don't have to "commit" to a payment processor. It's pretty easy to start using one, and then if another comes along that suits you better, switch to that one.

21. Apparently the free express mail thing isn't known throughout the support staff. And maybe Doug knows more, but I hate not hearing the same thing from someone else inside FT.

- Yeah, sometimes I know stuff a little before support does (or before the information gets fully dissipated throughout the support staff) and this was one of those times. Sorry for the confusion, but it should all be cleared up now.

22. For over a month, we've been hearing about how the new check processor will be up "in about a week." You have lost all credibility.

- I will strive to regain some credibility. To be fair, as far as I know only once did anyone say a new check processor would be up "in about a week" and the person saying it was me. I mentioned that fact in the last answers thread, and apologized for the bad information. It was true when I said it, but sometimes things don't work out. This time, I'm not asking anyone to believe it before they see it, but I'm pretty confident they'll be seeing it "in about a week."

Doug
Old 02-23-2007, 08:50 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers 2/23

Doug is getting so these are almost daily FTP info updates, should he have his own forum?
Old 02-23-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
- I will strive to regain some credibility.

[/ QUOTE ]

I look forward to it. Thanks for doing another "answers" so quickly.

So, ah, is MyWebATM becoming the elephant in the room that no one will talk about? Are they as big a disappointment to FTP as they are to your customers? What's going on?

Please address the MyWebATM situation.
Old 02-23-2007, 08:59 PM

Thanks for all the information. I'll get back to playing as soon as support figures out how to get the PPA bonus to show up in my account.

Is there any possibility of eliminating the break in SNGs? It usually comes when the table is shorthanded and the tournament is almost over anyway. It's more of an annoyance than a benefit. I get tired of waiting for my opponents to "pack a bowl" or "take a whiz" when they could wait five minutes and do it when the tournament is over.

Is it possible to add "time to next level" to the tournament table screen, rather than just having it in the lobby?
Old 02-23-2007, 09:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is there any possibility of eliminating the break in SNGs?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that what the "I'm ready" button does already?
Old 02-23-2007, 09:01 PM

You keep saying "Next week" with regard to checks. This is why everyone is mad.

Stop saying it when it's obviously not true.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:09 PM

Also, there is a rumor that ePassporte is dropping gambling sites.

Could you confirm that FTP has not recieved any correspondence from ePassort regarding this, and that all the proverbial systems are go.

Thanks.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You keep saying "Next week" with regard to checks. This is why everyone is mad.

Stop saying it when it's obviously not true.

[/ QUOTE ]
To get possibly over-defensive about this: I don't keep saying "next week." I said it once on 1/31 and once yesterday. The first time I said it I said "I'm hoping we'll have good news on that front within a week." Clearly, that hope didn't pan out. This time, I'm saying "It's as close to a sure thing as we can get that the vast, vast majority of players with a pending check will be getting it by the end of next week."

I definitely understand everyone's frustration, and I can't apologize enough for the delays, but I'm not going around saying stuff over and over that's "obviously not true."

Doug
Old 02-23-2007, 09:13 PM

it was my initial impression a month ago that full tilt, for whatever reason, was stalling for time with regards to withdraws. nothing that has happened since has changed my initial impression.

they stated cashout by check was availible with a 25-35 business day wait, with "Checks take 5 business days to process prior to shipment." and the rest due to mail delivery time. (a stall, imho, if you can mail a check, you can mail it first class in a reasonable time). Then, as that wait time drew near, people got emails stating the checks were in fact never mailed, but they got a $26 token.

Doug is now saying checks will be availible soon or next week, basicly, it's gone from "checks in the mail" to "soon".

the other withdraw options, epassport and mywebatm, have long set up times for withdraw and small limits, so it's a small amount of money actually leaving full tilt, at a controlled rate.

pokerstars states this:

"Is my money safe at PokerStars?
Your money is completely secure. All player funds are kept in a segregated account at a leading European bank. Regardless of any developments, your money is safe and accessible at any time."

and though they have had the same struggles with processers etc. they have continued with cashouts as quickly as possible.

full tilt states in several places that we can "be assured that all funds are safe and secure and availible" but don't get spacific ever about their handling of player funds. They have also been in a stall for over a month.

I like full tilt and hope they resolve this mess, but we aren't stupid. A stall is a stall.

Lets face it, if stars can fix the same problems in days that doug at full tilt says "we've been actively working on solving the check issue ever since it started" and can state nothing for sure after 5 weeks, full tilt is either incredibly incompetent or stalling. I don't think full tilt or doug is incompitent.

I hope they really do resolve this all next week, and I would love if doug replied to this stating an exact officail full tilt policy regarding the handling of player funds, and assuring me they are "safe and secure" in a trust account somewhere.

I just don't have alot of faith anymore.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:15 PM

in regards to #3 for those having trouble, when downloading the mac beta, right-click/control-click the link and choose "save target as"