Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2007, 01:57 AM

Default Re: Some serious doubts about pokerstars...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lets put some common sense into this thread...

You think because a pros account was hacked its a big conspiracy theory? Do you have any idea how many hackers there are out there? Do you have any idea how many times someone has tried to hack a pro/rich Pokerstars players? The answer is a lot.

You act like this is the first hacking attempt and it worked. Peoples accounts get hacking attempts a lot, this is the first time it happened to a big name. It wasn't some inside job, Raymer had an easy password.

Also, you mention something about an employee maybe giving him the password? Passwords are embedded into a database. Just like Vbulletin, PHP, SMF. Noone knows your password. Thats why if you forget your password they never tell you it. They can only reset it and send you a new one.

Also, there is a thread on here about PokerStars secure IDs, Pokerstars will give you an ID # you type in when logging in. Im sure someone will find it for you.

Im sure if i tried hard enough i could guess his password. Im guessing it has to do with...champion, wsop, poker, raleigh, raymer, greg, his daughters name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also just to add on to my post above. WCOOP #13is tomorrow. This is a $1000 buy in tournament that is going to get about 2,000 players. Pokerstars weekly $1000 tournament gets about 300 players. There is going to be an extra 1700 players in this event. How many of those have never played a tounrment there before? A lot.

The WCOOP gets a lot more players than normal tournaments. Also, you pick 1 event of the 23 and find a new player and cry its a conspiracy.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've got a great idea! Why don't you swap AIM IDs with this guy and you can then discus rigging theories with each other without the need to post them here? Great idea eh?

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I said it wasnt rigged and OP was an idiot. Why dont you learn to read and then you can swap books with a 4 year old? K?
Old 09-23-2007, 01:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lets put some common sense into this thread...

You think because a pros account was hacked its a big conspiracy theory? Do you have any idea how many hackers there are out there? Do you have any idea how many times someone has tried to hack a pro/rich Pokerstars players? The answer is a lot.

You act like this is the first hacking attempt and it worked. Peoples accounts get hacking attempts a lot, this is the first time it happened to a big name. It wasn't some inside job, Raymer had an easy password.

Also, you mention something about an employee maybe giving him the password? Passwords are embedded into a database. Just like Vbulletin, PHP, SMF. Noone knows your password. Thats why if you forget your password they never tell you it. They can only reset it and send you a new one.

Also, there is a thread on here about PokerStars secure IDs, Pokerstars will give you an ID # you type in when logging in. Im sure someone will find it for you.

Im sure if i tried hard enough i could guess his password. Im guessing it has to do with...champion, wsop, poker, raleigh, raymer, greg, his daughters name.

[/ QUOTE ]

Also just to add on to my post above. WCOOP #13is tomorrow. This is a $1000 buy in tournament that is going to get about 2,000 players. Pokerstars weekly $1000 tournament gets about 300 players. There is going to be an extra 1700 players in this event. How many of those have never played a tounrment there before? A lot.

The WCOOP gets a lot more players than normal tournaments. Also, you pick 1 event of the 23 and find a new player and cry its a conspiracy.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've got a great idea! Why don't you swap AIM IDs with this guy and you can then discus rigging theories with each other without the need to post them here? Great idea eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

I said it wasnt rigged and OP was an idiot. Why dont you learn to read and then you can swap books with a 4 year old? K?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry, my post was aimed at the OP not you! I only quoted that bit bc you finished with "cry its a conspiracy"... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-23-2007, 01:59 AM

My apologies too then.
Old 09-23-2007, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny answe again -

easily gussable ?

It shows that you are clueless with regard to that...

lets say gregs password was 6 characters .

this means that it was 6 X 8bit/per char

this makes it 48 bits - which is 2^48 possibilities.
this is hard to guess...

even if you have the knowladge of something , this does not mean you will get the password on the first try.

most easy passwords are broken within 5000 tries. this is what we (people that know computers) consider as an very very very easy password.

dont you think the people in pokerstars should have seen Mr. world champ is trying to log in and cant do it for 100 times ?

if you think that the password was broken within 100 times
you are more ignorent then you think.

what ever greg said - pokerstars told him to say and approved it. he works for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry but this is completely naive. I was a AOHaXoR back in the early-mid 90's and I could go into ANY full chat room (23) people and hack atleast 1-4 peoples passwords in that single chatroom, by reading their AOL profile, or trying 1234, 4321, love, or password.

So if Greag was using a simple password like one of his kids names, his pets name, his wifes name, his city name, a nickname, his favorite restaurant, food, athlete, or anything personal like that anyone with 10 minutes of google time could have cracked it even on the very first try.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:14 AM

I doubt you would find his favourite restaurant in “ten minutes of Google time.”
Old 09-23-2007, 03:39 AM

one would expect from some of the people here to understand the possibility .

all the answers here were not to the point at all . nothing but bashing and smashing.

expected more from 2+2 users.... i dont know why, but i allways thoght discussion here was different ....

never mind.

GL everyone.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:52 AM

PS has most of the posters brainwashed/employed on this forum.
If you want a more positive response try bashing FTP instead.
Old 09-23-2007, 03:57 AM

if you read my post , i never bashed pokerstars.

my claim is that this is possible and i can never know.
i never said it is rigged for sure. i wanted some discussion about it .

obviosly i came to the wrong place...
Old 09-23-2007, 04:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my claim is that this is possible and i can never know.
i never said it is rigged for sure. i wanted some discussion about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why didn't you use the search function then? If you bothered to search then you might realize that their have been several of these same posts every week for the last few years. Nearly every so called 'discussion' just consists of the OP stubbornly refusing to listen to any of the arguments presented and it's just a total waste of time for everybody involved...

My own personal opinion is that most of the "OMG online poker is rigged posts" are from egotistical players who BELIEVE they SHOULD win and are not; hence their brain is incapable of accepting the facts and comes to the conclusion that it must be rigged against them. I've yet to see any OP accept this line of reasoning, so I don't bother posting the same old crap in each of these threads as it's totally futile... It's much easier to just ridicule the OP in the hope that they go away and stop cluttering the forum with YET ANOTHER so called 'discussion' on the riggeness of online poker... yawn, yawn, yawn...

There are many interesting (but unprovable) conspiracy theories out there that deserve some discussion, but I'm afraid to say that the "OMG online poker is rigged" theory is getting tiresome now.

Old 09-23-2007, 04:57 AM

You're a complete moron. Raymer's password was very easy to guess by his own admission. It has been suggested that someone guessed over a long period to avoid triggering any suspicion.

Based on one account winning a big tournament and not playing again, you think stars has been hacked. Maybe he doesn't like tournaments and joined that one a whim and is now back to cash games? Maybe he's a fish and thinks he's "due" to lose now and so he isn't playing. Regardless, this one incident doesn't suggest any hacking or rigging or anything shady.

I don't even particularly care for pokerstars but even I think your concerns are ridiculous.