Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-2006, 08:33 PM

Default Easy way to lose weight

I see many posters here saying how they would like to lose weight. Here's a simple way.

Take whatever you were having for dinner before, and replace it as below.

Take 3-4 lbs of chicken breasts cut in half. Divide it up into equal portions based on how many spices you want to use and rub on lemon pepper, fajita spices, all spice mix, salt and pepper, BBQ, jamaican jerk sauce etc. Use whatever spices you want, but no cheese or oil or anything like that.

Put in oven and cook at 400 degrees for 22-25 minutes.

Then take bird's eye frozen vegetables, pair whatever flavor you like (tuscan, mixed, asian) with chicken, and eat.

Eat as much chicken and vegetables until you are reasonably full but not stuffed. Drink water or diet soda with dinner. No dessert. Do not change the rest of your eating habits for the worse to compensate.

I challenge anyone to follow that simple advice and not lose weight. Add in exercise and the change should accelerate accordingly.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Easy way to lose weight

For phase 2 replace your breakfast with one protien bar right when you get up and follow it with another halfway between the first and lunch.

Phase 3 stop eating sweets and all processed sugar.

I have lost over 70 lbs of bodyfat doing essentially this, and it hurts to see posters saying they are 400 lbs and want to lose weight but cannot.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:45 PM

There are much better breakfast options than protein bars, which are generally loaded with sugar.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:47 PM

I don't know about people 400 lbs plus but for those that aren't too big to excersise, that is always a good way. We just bought an elliptical machine and it's done wonders for most of us when used in conjuction with changing the diet.

Also, weight lifting is a good form of excersise too as the more muscle mass you have the more calories you burn while "at rest." And another thing is eating smaller portions, but eating more frequently. This way your metabolism gets going. When you starve yourself and just eat one big meal your body thinks it's starving and saves all the food as fat instead of burning it at a normal rate.

The protien bars you use should have very few net carbs. ~200 calories and 35+ grams of protien doesn't leave much room for junk in there.

I'm not talking about powerbars or luna bars. Those are crap.

The reason i choose protien bars over other options is because it is fast and all the protien helps you stay full for longer.

[ QUOTE ]
Easy way to lose weight

[/ QUOTE ]

Exercise.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Easy way to lose weight

[/ QUOTE ]

Exercise.

[/ QUOTE ]

genius...

on a side note...there is no easy way, eat less, exercise more...

if it were easy there would be no plumpers to hump [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 03-06-2006, 08:50 PM

Of course there is an easy way. Some people are too weak to follow even the easy ways though.

I think it's also significantly harder for girls to conform to societal standards of thinness, but I like those same standards, so f'em.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:51 PM

You could also have oatmeal or scrambled egg whites, both of which I'd consider a lot better than a protein bar. Basically what your post says is "Stop eating crap and start eating healthy food." Everyone knows this is how it works. It's a matter of having the willpower to stick with it over an extended period of time, and combine it with regular exercise. Easier said than done.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:52 PM

Egg whites taste like s---. Believe me I know. Protien bars taste much better and save time. The easier it is to follow the program and the less painful it is the more people will stick to it.

Much more expensive though.