Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 10:34 PM

Default Re: 50NL - I flop a full house

*grunch*

i like flat calling the flop here. these flop donks are often air and semibluffs. so call and see if he fires again. if he has a 4 he'll push over you no matter whether you raise the flop, turn, or river.
Old 11-09-2007, 10:53 PM

I actually think I'll just call here... It's read dependant and it's very close between a raise and a call.. Kinda seems like he's trying to pick up the pot on a board that u whiffed. Let him lead the turn and raisydaisy... On the other hand, if this is pocketpair like 66-TT then there is a lot of cards that could kill action on the turn. Here it's just a matter of what kind of hand u weight as more likely, and I think air/draw a lot of the time here...
Old 11-09-2007, 10:54 PM

errr, flat calling is bad IMO. If he has anything he is going to call a smallish raise here. I'd make it 7.5 to go and then bet, bet, bet. A flush draw and overpair will pay to draw here alot and you'll probably stack an overpair.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
errr, flat calling is bad IMO. If he has anything he is going to call a smallish raise here. I'd make it 7.5 to go and then bet, bet, bet. A flush draw and overpair will pay to draw here alot and you'll probably stack an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh, I realize a call here is kinda fishy, but I still prefer it here as a draw will fold to a raise a lot of the time... I guess a min-raise might have some merit against a donk, but not a huge fan..
If one believe that a random player at 0.1/.25 will choose this line with an overpair on the flop, then I guess a raise is okay, but I think this line is more coherent with a draw or air...
Old 11-09-2007, 11:07 PM

i raise if he has an mid overpair you wanna get value now before a scare card comes up, and if he has a flush he may push. if he folds mean she had nothing and you wont get anymore out of him anyways.