Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: NL5 How do you feel about this line?

preflop is fine.
on the flop: at this micro-level i dont think that villain will raise on the flop with a set.they would most often just donk into you and hope for a raise.i think the only hand that has you beat here is pretty much AK.what i dont understand is you 3-bet on the flop.when you want to get ur money in on the flop why do you dont raise to 1,10-1,20?i think villain either has a pair on his hand or an Ax.his 4-bet minraise seems pretty weak.i often see players making this play with mediocre hands to make their hands look stronger.
turn:when you think you have the best hand and want to get all the money in the pot then you have to bet here.i think a 1/2pot bet is ok here and you can put your money easily all in on the river.
river:a big amount of micro-players push all in on this river when they have the 2nd best pair(here for example 99). i dont know why but thats the case.he can also psuh here with an mediocre ace.a call against his range on the river is absolutely verrified
Old 11-20-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: NL5 How do you feel about this line?

The pot at the flop is $0.17. There is $4.55 left in BB stacks. In this pot, even with TPGK, you are in no way committed. Even though you probably have the best hand, you do not want to build a big pot, but rather see a showdown, at which your hand has good value.

When villain checkraises, you need to make a commitment decision, in which case the decision definitely is to keep the pot small and try to get the hand to showdown. I think villain probably 3-bets AK preflop given his stats, so he either has a set, weaker ace (maybe 2P), a wheel (draw) or a flush draw, maybe even middle/bottom pair or air (given his stats). Against that range, you have good equity, so continue, but try to keep the pot small. Call flop, check behind on the turn/call a small bet (fold to a big bet), call a decent sized river bet. This is my plan for this hand. Villain is aggressive, so we're gonna give him the opportunity to bluff off his stack.

As played, I'm pushing the turn. Villain is gonna stack off with weaker aces here too.

As played, I call the river.