Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2007, 04:46 AM

Default Re: Goals for the month of March

[ QUOTE ]
Still not buying it tl;dr. Cliffnotes at bottom. Serious post, don’t read if you’re looking for entertainment.

Does it seem fishy to anyone else that Vig’s original post in this thread was made at 7:24 and Mrs. Vig responded 3 posts later at 8:36. Also, Vig’s original post and the thread is a perfect setup for Mrs. Vig’s response, to the point where it fits too well and seems to be planned that way. It doesn’t seem like Mrs. Vig would be browsing 2p2, much less finding a thread that Vig posted in recently and have such a fitting opportunity to out him for stealing he money. Then, Vig responds in about half an hour and then begins a dialogue. The dialogue implies that not only did Mrs. Vig post this, but also kept the thread opened waiting for a response from Vig which was already unlikely given that he has been less active recently and also that it was a Goal Thread, which one would be less likely to check often as there is usually no real content and thus no reason to check the posts often.

Also the two have very similar posting styles. Both of them write formally for an internet forum and sign most of their posts. However, tonight Mrs. Vig ended her first post and several successive posts with “Mrs. Vig” while Vig ended his posts with “Vig”. At points in other threads, too many to link, they end posts with “V” and “Mrs. V” usually being consistent with the two in the same thread. While not unusual to end the posts with different signatures it is very odd that using “Vig” vs. “V” is consistent between the two posters; making it more likely that they are actually one poster. Also, they both write in generally short, non-complex sentences which is relatively uncommon for people who post formally and use correct grammar and punctuation (this is more opinion here than fact based mainly on my idea that complexity and proper grammar usually go hand in hand with each other and that it would be uncommon for a complex argument like this to consist almost entirely of simple sentences from both parties).

Furthermore, I could not imagine a woman in this situation who would readily sign a post “Mrs. Vig,” thus attaching herself to someone who she is having a terrible time with in a relationship. It seems out of character that she would not either just not sign her early post or call herself Sarah. Women are emotional and this would be a big deal to most of them to call themselves Mrs. Vig.

Finally, this quote from a BBV4L thread seems a little off to me. This could easily be meaningless, but it just seems like something that would be far more likely to come from a male than a female: “My sincerest condolences. Stay strong and keep him in your heart. BTW Cancer is a [censored] bitch! I know from personal experience!”

All of this seems like it is far too many coincidences piled on top of each other for this not to be the same person operating two accounts in a scam.

Cliffnotes: From what I read (all Mrs. Vig’s 41 posts) and the threads from today it just seems like there is too much evidence that Vig is also Mrs. Vig or at the very least corroborating with Mrs. Vig.

Edit: How does a single mom with cancer make it out at this time of night to deal with a relationship preblem? This just seems implausable to me. Where was the baby? Things don't add up.

[/ QUOTE ]

To fend this off before it becomes an issue:

Why, in the name of God, would I post the initial bashing thread? I don't get it.

Vig
Old 03-02-2007, 04:54 AM

Old 03-02-2007, 04:55 AM

Vig,
If you wanted to disprove that post you would actually disprove it instead of just saying why would I start the first thread?

It is a very weak argument.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Vig,
If you wanted to disprove that post you would actually disprove it instead of just saying why would I start the first thread?

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose. But seriously, if I did use both accounts, why would I even bring it up? It hasn't been discussed in 6 weeks. It doesn't seem to make sense to try to bring doubt to my credibility, especially when it was all done anyway.

Thoughts?

Vig
Old 03-02-2007, 05:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Vig,

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose. But seriously, if I did use both accounts, why would I even bring it up? It hasn't been discussed in 6 weeks. It doesn't seem to make sense to try to bring doubt to my credibility, especially when it was all done anyway.

Thoughts?

Vig

[/ QUOTE ]

can't Sleuthwulf either:

a. see if both accounts were being used from a matching IP address. (before hot nasty American History X makeup sex ensued)

or

b. see if one account was logged onto, then logged off, then the other was logged onto and back off and so on and so forth?

and "Mrs. Vig" IF THAT'S YOUR REAL NAME, what are these "other good uses" you speak of?
Old 03-02-2007, 05:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

Vig

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the doubters think that Mrs.Vig was you and that you were hoping for a second round of donations.

There seems to be more to it as both mods have vouched for some proof existing but surely you can see why some people think what they think.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Thoughts?

Vig

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe the doubters think that Mrs.Vig was you and that you were hoping for a second round of donations.

There seems to be more to it as both mods have vouched for some proof existing but surely you can see why some people think what they think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, didn't see that angle. Now I see what you guys are talking about. Anyway, a quick IP check should work.

Vig