Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2007, 06:02 PM

Default interesting 3 way (dry sidepot) hand v. tay 25/50

This one was kind of a doozy. Advice on all streets welcome. Here I raise it up utg and get 3 callers, including Tay from the BB. He most likely views me as weak, as seen from an earlier hand I posted on this site. In any case. I'm not sure why I bet this flop, most likely stupidity, but I decided to anyway. I think the flop bet is a huge mistake into 3 people. Anyways, shortstack shoves, and here is where the hand gets interesting. Tay cold calls. I have an ez call here, but right now I was scared he was already nutted. After 2 callers he can come along from the BB with pretty much any two, including small pockets and suited connectors. I put his range on a 7 at bare minimum, maybe 68 (although I think you can heavily heavily discount this as part of his range). So his range is something like:

55, 77, 57s+, with 68 being a small small small possibility.
Turn brings my straight, but he checks. I decide I don't want to bet/call a cr shove, so I check behind. I was going to value bet river if checked to and evaluate river if he bet (most likely fold). River is a horrible card, flush comes out, higher straight comes out, he could already be nutted...sooooo...i decided to call because he bet so small?

Where did I go wrong in this hand. Thanks,
dlpnyc21

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $25/$50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
Hero: $5000
UTG+1: $9697
CO: $1183
Button: $11373
SB: $5147
BB: $1225

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG with 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $175</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($750, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $615</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises all-in $1008</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3774, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $3774)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($3774, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $3774)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1600</font>, Hero????
Old 06-12-2007, 06:12 PM

Default Re: interesting 3 way (dry sidepot) hand v. tay 25/50

Bet turn
- because any drawing hand that hits beats you
- because if taylor is already beating you you need to find out and you won't get a free showdown anyway?
Old 06-12-2007, 06:13 PM

oh but as it stands that riv bet could be a lone 7... and u have to call... i dunno, is that obvious or is it just me?
Old 06-12-2007, 06:20 PM

I have no idea why you are saying something like "no idea why I am betting this flop, probably stupidity", if you raise this UTG how can you dislike firing this flop even against 3 players? I'm not saying you MUST, just saying it really is NOTHING wrong with it.

I think this, as played, is a pretty clear call.

I also like the turncheck behind, because I feel it's pretty much a fold for GP with something like 76 if we bet turn.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:23 PM

obv MDMA &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; me
but just wondering... this might be looking too hard but if gp really does view dlpnyc21 as weak (which is of course in question), woudl a turn bet really fold out 67? doesnt it play out like hero has AA/KK, and if the turn bet isnt too big, what line of thinking coudl green plastic take to fold?
Old 06-12-2007, 06:25 PM

dlp,

I would generally play this just like you and call the river.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea why you are saying something like "no idea why I am betting this flop, probably stupidity", if you raise this UTG how can you dislike firing this flop even against 3 players? I'm not saying you MUST, just saying it really is NOTHING wrong with it.

I think this, as played, is a pretty clear call.

I also like the turncheck behind, because I feel it's pretty much a fold for GP with something like 76 if we bet turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-12-2007, 06:34 PM

Seems pretty standard.
Couldn't ever imagine folding river.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:31 PM

What hands would Taylor check the turn with that would also value bet the river, not much this straight beats I'd imagine. Wouldn't he raise flop and/or bet turn with 7?

Im not good enough to fold it, but against a smart player in a dry side pot, I wouldn't be suprised at all to lose here tbh.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:39 PM

the way the action ran though, hero bet, CO raises all in, then taylor calls the all in. if he raises hero, he chases out any hand hero has except 77/55/57. So if he has a 7 or a boat (both of which he might think is the best hand), he very conceivably just calls the $1k, right? then on the turn, i could definitely understand either a check or a bet by GP, first to act. check, maybe he thinks hero will bet an AA (since hero couldnt reraise on flop). or bet, which is a very strong play that pretty much declares great strength (if he doesnt put hero on 46, anyway). so i could see why GP would choose to check.

conclusion? no idea.