Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2006, 11:46 PM

Default Re: AK in BB - Always Cap???

I think this is a fine preflop call, and a fine flop call. You were getting 4.5:1 preflop for crissakes - even with some high cards dead, I'm willing to peek.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:27 PM

This is closer to a fold than a cap preflop but I would play it exactly like you, right down to the fold you made on the turn [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-12-2006, 01:31 PM

Yeah, I think PF and flop are pretty standard with fairly tight-passive raisers, and on the turn your outs are dirty enough to let them go.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
was this hand played last night? i was in the 20/40 game between 12-4am at the must move table

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm a young asian guy, was wearing a gray hoodie

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a 40ish white guy, sometimes wearing a baseball cap.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
im actually fine with any of the options (the tighter the raisers the more i think folding is best)...one problem is that a lot of your outs may be taken preventing you from improving and causing your bad position to cost you pots...

[/ QUOTE ]

The raisers were not the "only raise with AA or KK" type, so folding pre-flop just seems wrong. The idea that I have not outs and one of the three opponets probably has a pair is what I'm thinking on the flop, but getting 15-1 folding just seems wrong.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:16 AM

I used to always cap here but I rarely do these days (unless it's suited then I do so more often). This might be a leak but I never get anybody to fold when the flop is low and it's just easier to play against the field when I don't feel like I have to fire into a crowd with AK high when I miss.

I'd call the flop with hopefully 6 outs but not the turn. I hate this spot and I'm not sure if I give up a bit of equity here but I'd rather be the guy with JJ-AA or AJ and the other guy trying to catch with AK.

I'd fold the turn due to my reverse implied odds. Also what in the world does the MP+1 have? If he's good as you said wouldnt' he raise a pair here to lose the SB and yourself? (even if it costs an extra SB or 2). Sounds like he might have the same hand and drawing to 1/2 the pot. SB also might have Ax with the x paired. I'd just let it go.

Call me weak/tight. =)
Old 12-13-2006, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call me weak/tight. =)

[/ QUOTE ]

haha ya right...
Old 12-13-2006, 08:48 PM

Default Results

[ QUOTE ]
Garden City 20/40. The table is generally passive with about 50% of flops seen by 4 to 5 players for 1 bet. I have not seen any preflop raising wars, but there has been some raising from the lags on weak hands.

MP and MP+1 both seem decent/solid/good and I have not yet seen either of them get too out of line pre or post flop. SB is basic laggy donator.

MP opens
MP+1 3-bets
SB calls
I'm in the BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and think about capping, but just call.
MP calls.
Flop is J82 rainbow. - 4 players, 12 small bets
SB Check, I Check, MP bets, MP+1 Call, SB Call, I Call. - 16 small bets
Turn is 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], making diamond flush draw.
SB Check, I Check, MP bets, MP+1 Call, SB Call, Me???
Should I have capped preflop? My thinking was MP and MP+1 aren't raising & 3-betting with junk and I'm probably up against 2 premium hands and out of position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fold
River is 10[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
SB checks, MP bets, MP+1 agonizes for a 30 seconds and folds, SB calls and flashes K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and then mucks when MP tables a set of Jacks
Old 12-13-2006, 08:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to always cap here but I rarely do these days (unless it's suited then I do so more often). This might be a leak but I never get anybody to fold when the flop is low and it's just easier to play against the field when I don't feel like I have to fire into a crowd with AK high when I miss.

I'd call the flop with hopefully 6 outs but not the turn. I hate this spot and I'm not sure if I give up a bit of equity here but I'd rather be the guy with JJ-AA or AJ and the other guy trying to catch with AK.

I'd fold the turn due to my reverse implied odds. Also what in the world does the MP+1 have? If he's good as you said wouldnt' he raise a pair here to lose the SB and yourself? (even if it costs an extra SB or 2). Sounds like he might have the same hand and drawing to 1/2 the pot. SB also might have Ax with the x paired. I'd just let it go.

Call me weak/tight. =)

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess that MP+1 also had AK.